Page 36 of 675 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Slightly worried about playing Bell atm unless he scores some in the next warm up or the next innings.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Slightly worried about playing Bell atm unless he scores some in the next warm up or the next innings.
    Reminds me of a friend of mine, who told me he was "slightly worried" about Hurricane Sandy, as we chatted on the phone the other day. (The storm was just approaching, and he was stood totally exposed on the roof of a New York skyscraper with a tasty view of the Atlantic, at the time). Bell's time is up. The birth of the kid and (I'm sure) his zealous desire to do the modern thing and fight mommy for the right to change nappies...forever presents an ideal opportunity to bow out gracefully and save face. He should grab it.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    haha....I see you haven't lost your touch CWB and neither your love for Bell
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryProtea View Post
    So Sky are going to use the STAR feed but have the regular Sky commentators (Nasser and co.) sat in a studio in England providing commentary? It's gonna feel pretty strange, especially when the feed cuts to the STAR/Indian commentators talking in the box whilst we hear the Sky team.
    I shall do what I usually do, watch Sky while listening to TMS.

There's a slight delay between commentary and action but that helps to ensure that I don't miss anything.

FBU
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    I shall do what I usually do, watch Sky while listening to TMS.

There's a slight delay between commentary and action but that helps to ensure that I don't miss anything.
    Me too but we will really be watching Star TV on the SKY channel while listening to TMS. I like being able to hear what is happening a few seconds before seeing it.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Personally think Sky's commentary has really nosedived this past year or so. Athers is really the only one worth listening to now and Coney will be great value when England tour NZ.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Personally think Sky's commentary has really nosedived this past year or so. Athers is really the only one worth listening to now and Coney will be great value when England tour NZ.
    Agree with this. Still the best lot out there but it was painful to see Nasser etc becoming cheerleaders during the last summer.

General thought - As an Indian fan, the batting line up must be a concern. Only Pujara, Kohli and Dhoni got any runs at all against New Zealand. Against a stronger unit, that's too thin a lineup going into the series. Hopefully one of the seniors (openers and Tendulkar) hit form, and we get a better #6 than Rain.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    General thought - As an Indian fan, the batting line up must be a concern. Only Pujara, Kohli and Dhoni got any runs at all against New Zealand. Against a stronger unit, that's too thin a lineup going into the series. Hopefully one of the seniors (openers and Tendulkar) hit form, and we get a better #6 than Rain.
    Raina must be retained at all costs for ****s and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Not sure if you follow the domestic scene, but Tendulkar just hit a better than run a ball hundred. So I think he's in some form. Not much can be said about the openers, as both of them flopped in the Ranji Trophy matches. Kohli had a bad game but going by his form I think that's just a one off. Pujara is coming off a stellar Challenger Trophy, and Yuvraj just followed up his double hundred with a half century and a fifer against the touring Englishmen. I don't think Raina is going to play.

and we get a better #6 than Rain.
    Isn't it more England's modus operandi to let the weather bat for them?

~

Wicket for Root just before lunch. Bowling before Patel, oddly enough.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    How did this Root chap end up on tour? I just clicked on his cricinfo profile, and his recent form is appalling. Mainly 20/20, granted, but the recent first class performances are as bad if not worse.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Sehwag is sporting an external injury and has not opened for Delhi in their second innings.

How did this Root chap end up on tour? I just clicked on his cricinfo profile, and his recent form is appalling. Mainly 20/20, granted, but the recent first class performances are as bad if not worse.
    Young and an opener.

But I was surprised too.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I think Dusty and co, being basically good eggs, saw the enormous potential in his surname for puns for lazy hacks, so he's an investment in the future.

Write themselves, pretty much:

England on Root for victory.

Pulled up by the Root: Joe saves England

Joe Root's the opposition: a ton for Tyke opener
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Thread Information