• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I found it odd when Swann said 'catch it Bell!'. It's like Dhoni saying 'bowling Ojha!'

Why aren't these guys on a first-name basis yet?
Mates referring to each other by surname is very common.

Catching up on what's gone down since I left home....pretty sweet. Looking good :)

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
For anyone watching on Sky - Bumble just commented on a situation where the fielder dived for the ball and his sunglasses came off and hit the ball.

He wondered whether it should be 5 penalty runs.

It shoulddn't.

That would only happen if it struck something placed on the ground (like a helmet) or by a deliberate act of a fielder (picking up and using the keepers gloves, throwing a cap at the ball or similar).

Spark

Global Moderator
He shouldn't have been sitting on the back foot. But bad form (and old age) is bad form, so I don't think we can be too "harsh" on him over that one.

Stapel

International Regular
Crap, the little big man gone! I really cannot see India rebuild this innings, and therefor make this test and this series into good ones! Too bad, as I anticipated to watch some gripping test crciket this weekend.

Not a howler because it didn't happen to England obv.
TBF, it was not that easy to see it wasn't glove. Whether it was a howler hardly matters, as it simply was a wrong decision. Wrong is wrong, howler or not. Anyway, by no means the most ridiculous of decisions this series!

centurymaker

International Captain
Didn't keep that low, did it? Hit middle three-quarters of the way up.

Sachin left a massive gate there. Starting to look terminal for the great man.
yea left a gap and was struck on the back foot.
I think it seamed in and maybe bounced a tad less than expected.
if he had been forwad to it like the tendulkar of even last yr, maybe he would've got an inside edge and survived

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBF, it was not that easy to see it wasn't glove. Whether it was a howler hardly matters, as it simply was a wrong decision. Wrong is wrong, howler or not. Anyway, by no means the most ridiculous of decisions this series!
Yeah, that's it. Wrong and should've been reversed (...) but not even the worst decision this game (step forward Cook's LBW).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He shouldn't have been sitting on the back foot. But bad form (and old age) is bad form, so I don't think we can be too "harsh" on him over that one.
from memory you pointed out about 8 months ago that his front foot (or something) was turning to crap. kudos to you, ****ing ****

Burgey

Tendulkar needs a tap on the shoulder, but no one will do it.

Great, great player. But it's time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't keep that low, did it? Hit middle three-quarters of the way up.

Sachin left a massive gate there. Starting to look terminal for the great man.
Pitched about halfway down - that's above "kept a little low" and just before "basically rolled"

Spark

Global Moderator
from memory you pointed out about 8 months ago that his front foot (or something) was turning to crap. kudos to you, ****ing ****
Yeah was during an ODI against SL at Perth. Was playing faaar too many balls either off the back foot or from the crease, with no footwork at all. Was bizarre.

Burgey

FMD India. Two years ago they were the best side in the world.

England won't enforce the follow on on his deck, surely? Just grind it out and win by hundreds.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely nut that. Classic swinger's dismissal of the cack hander. Pitch it up; move it away.

Not sure the big, expansive drive from the big nosed grinder was quite what the doctor ordered in the situation tho, tbh.

Dhoni in. Hmm.