• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

smash84

The Tiger King
Surely you don't expect decent comms from cricinfo Smali
"maximum" is one of my pet hates I suppose and it didn't appear quite so often on cricinfo previously hence I am finding this awful.....have switched on to a sky stream on the net

Gower :wub:

Edit...330 all out

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At 139-5 we'd have ripped your arm off for 330. Good effort in the end and happy with that score. Now to get into them, couple of wickets before tea will do.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Made for Sehwag, this. He bats 20 overs and we could see it slipping away.

Hope Tiny Tim bowls rather better than he batted.

Slighty windy decision to pick him, IMHO.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Plenty of reverse for Ishant who hardly got any last game when Anderson got loads so that is probably the key to the game. Also add in the fact England have a better attack anyway and it may be tougher for India than many think, after all they have half the team out of form.
There's only one winner in this Test. I think English fans can tune off and go enjoy the weekend instead of watching this.

flibbertyjibber

Made for Sehwag, this. He bats 20 overs and we could see it slipping away.

Hope Tiny Tim bowls rather better than he batted.

Slighty windy decision to pick him, IMHO.
Can't really have a go at the selectors after they picked Root when nobody expected it. Bresnan to get reverse and be a handful, Onions doesn't move it around so fair choice for me.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Could someone please work out Chawla's figures before and after Brumby made his rather astute comment? Just, ya know, interested.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
get sehwag early and 330 is more than enough imo.
sehwag is key.

the fact that everyone's been talking about him including myself, i won't be surprised if he gets out very early now.

cnerd123

likes this
FFS no way did Chawla take 4 wickets and Ojha none. Cricket can be such an unfair game.

Ashwin being underbowled makes sense. He's been **** all series. I can understand MSD wanting to drop him.

Time to see what Sehwag can muster. Looking at some of the shots played by Swann, it seems like if you swing through the line and go over the top you can get runs.

Really interested to see what Anderson and Panesar get out of this.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh, and Root is really growing on me. I think he has planted the seeds for a flourishing career. Can't wait to see him bloom as a batsman.

flibbertyjibber

you have bought into the cricinfo propaganda against Onions
Sorry, forgot they pick the team, must stop looking on there.

For the record i'd have Onions ahead of Bresnan in NZ, think he will go very well out there especially if Broad is still crocked/struggling for form. Anderson, Finn and Onions with Swann as spinner would do me.

Last edited: