• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably both late to the party and jinxing him into a wicket, but boy Chawla looks ordinary at this level, doesn't he?

Just rolling them out. Bleh.
He averages 34 with the ball in a 27 team domestic competition; this season he's averaging 54. And he bowls straight breaks, as noted.

He's probably bowled a little bit than I expected if I'm being honest and he's still been rubbish.

Quality jinx though, indeed. Root goes as I type this.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well, well played young man. Top effort on debut to adapt to the conditions and play a type of innings you normally wouldn't. Swann best not give it away here, just carry on while Jimmy is there.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Chawla looks as though he's one of these guys that bats for an hour at nets, fields a couple of balls then buggers off home with a KFC.

stumpski

International Captain
In the context of the innings Swann's 40 has seemed like a Twenty20 knock.

Uneven scorecard this - only five men in double figures, but important contributions from all of them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the context of the innings Swann's 40 has seemed like a Twenty20 knock.

Uneven scorecard this - only five men in double figures, but important contributions from all of them.
The fact that Prior and KP who we know score freely have struggled to time the ball makes you wonder how bad the pitch is/how good a score this is. We won't know till India bat but I expect our spinners to once again outbowl theirs and having a pair of quicker men will surely help as well as Ishant has looked dangerous and it is only Ishant after all.