Page 35 of 675 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135535 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

  1. #511
    International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nursing a broken ****ing arm
    Posts
    5,674
    Hoping Onions does well in this game, I think he's well-armed to bowl in unfriendly conditions and has a certain talent of making batsmen feel constantly uneasy. One of the more cerebral players I've seen.

    Better bet than Monty IMO, there's an odd compulsion for tourists to play horses-for-courses in India with two spinners and act all surprised when they both get taken back to school by the home side.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 03-11-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

  2. #512
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,738
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Cricinfo now showing Anderson as playing instead of Pietersen. Huh.

    Listing Jimmeh at #7 as well.

    Not like Mumbai's exactly Antartica, is it? Surely they have someone there with a passing interest in cricket.

    Interesting maybe to note that when we last won a series in India Mumbai was still Bombay...
    Yeah, he's playing.



    Anyways form update for our amazing Indian side - Sachin's scored a ton at a run a ball in a partnership with Rahane (who also scored a ton) which is a good sign. Starts from Sehwag and Gambhir but both failed to move on, Kohli fail, Dhoni leading by example by not turning up for the Jharkhand match. Yuvraj has taken a break for some reason while Pujara has the bye.

    None of the bowlers have got a chance yet barring Yadav who's taken 5-18 albeit against a dire Haryana batting lineup that was skittled out for 55. Praveen Kumar did take 3-59 against Delhi though.

    Think I may have missed out someone but wtv.

  3. #513
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    6,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yeah, he's playing.



    Anyways form update for our amazing Indian side - Sachin's scored a ton at a run a ball in a partnership with Rahane (who also scored a ton) which is a good sign. Starts from Sehwag and Gambhir but both failed to move on, Kohli fail, Dhoni leading by example by not turning up for the Jharkhand match. Yuvraj has taken a break for some reason while Pujara has the bye.

    None of the bowlers have got a chance yet barring Yadav who's taken 5-18 albeit against a dire Haryana batting lineup that was skittled out for 55. Praveen Kumar did take 3-59 against Delhi though.

    Think I may have missed out someone but wtv.
    Worst ****ing ****. I was about to open this thread and post that.

    One doesn't usually see Sachin play 137 of 136 knocks. Interesting times lay ahead.

    Will be so gun if he hits a 2010-esque patch of form again.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  4. #514
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,789
    Bairstow and Morgan rescuing England. 91 run partnership in 20 overs. One wonders whether Bairstow should remain in the side and Bell or Trott open instead of Compton? Bairstow has more going for him than Compton and has actually scored runs on this tour.


  5. #515
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,256
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Bairstow and Morgan rescuing England. 91 run partnership in 20 overs. One wonders whether Bairstow should remain in the side and Bell or Trott open instead of Compton? Bairstow has more going for him than Compton and has actually scored runs on this tour.
    Given Patel, Bairstow and now Morgan have scored runs at the first time of asking it'd be quixotic to play him, IMHO. It's not like he's a specialist opener in any event.

    He was brought in as someone who could play gritty, substantial knocks and, it's fair to say, hasn't performed as advertised.

    Cook*
    Trott
    Bell
    Pietersen
    Bairstow
    Patel
    Prior+
    Bresnan
    Broad
    Swann
    Anderson

    Is my guess.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  6. #516
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,256
    Morgan gone for 76.

    Be nice if Bluey tons up and Sammy scores runs again as the Irishman scoring does cloud the selectorial waters a tad.

  7. #517
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Given Patel, Bairstow and now Morgan have scored runs at the first time of asking it'd be quixotic to play him, IMHO. It's not like he's a specialist opener in any event.

    He was brought in as someone who could play gritty, substantial knocks and, it's fair to say, hasn't performed as advertised.

    Cook*
    Trott
    Bell
    Pietersen
    Bairstow
    Patel
    Prior+
    Bresnan
    Broad
    Swann
    Anderson

    Is my guess.
    I would play this team, but I'd puy Patel at 5, can play a longer innings and Bairstow plays at 6 for the french.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  8. #518
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,738
    Pretty pleased compton and root failed. Hope Bairstow scores a ton now and gets in ahead of the pack.

  9. #519
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,585
    I honestly wouldn't mind if Bell opened either, ton for JB, and Samit races to a fifty quicker than he can scoff a Greggs Steak Bake.

  10. #520
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,256
    Meaker called up.

    "Cover for Finn" sounds ominous.

    Least it wasn't Dernbach, I suppose.

  11. #521
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,463
    Onya JB.

    Wouldn't mind Bell/Trott opening this series, but would prefer us looking for a proper opener if necessary so as we can get a partnership working. Still holding out hope for Root.

  12. #522
    Cricketer Of The Year wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Onya JB.

    Wouldn't mind Bell/Trott opening this series, but would prefer us looking for a proper opener if necessary so as we can get a partnership working. Still holding out hope for Root.
    I'd tell Bell to open, if only because he has barely made a score in the middle order this year so there isn't much to lose. And he does open in the 50-over game, which may count for something. But touring with only two proper openers was always tempting fate, especially when one of them is barely out of his teens..

  13. #523
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,831
    Pretty dire that all the people who made runs are playing for one position. I guess it's all useful though, specially as Bell will be missing the second test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

    When KP returns he will be the banana..

  14. #524
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Meaker called up.

    "Cover for Finn" sounds ominous.

    Least it wasn't Dernbach, I suppose.
    He's not be that bad tbf to the lad even if he is from that county.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

  15. #525
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Pretty dire that all the people who made runs are playing for one position. I guess it's all useful though, specially as Bell will be missing the second test.
    Main reason Bell can't open then. Trott to open in India and Root in NZ replacing Fatit as we won't need 2 spinners over there.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. highest 50+ scores, percentage(ODIS)
    By Indusriver in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 02:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •