• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

biased indian

International Coach
Wouldn't surprise me if the BCCI just decided to play hard ball with the cost of the rights for it every time because it's a high-profile series and Fox Sports told them to piss right off. The West Indies series was probably a lot cheaper.
BCCI is only having the production stuff left to them the feeds are with STAR even sky is getting it from them....

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What do people think in terms of Pankaj Singh Vs Ishant? Both tall, with whippy actions and good pace. Ishant probably got a yard on Pankaj and Test experience but then Pankaj seems in better form.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann flying home, because his kid is unwell, hope it's not too Bad, saying he should be back for the First Test.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Wonder which attack we'll go with for tomorrow. Finn, Broad and Swann all out, and they might want to rest Anderson.

Meaker to get a game?

grecian

Wonder which attack we'll go with for tomorrow. Finn, Broad and Swann all out, and they might want to rest Anderson.

Meaker to get a game?
He'll have to really we're only one injury away from him playing, some bowling for the likes of Root, Patel, KP and Trott, depending on who play's I'd have thought..

ViruTheBest

Banned
I am now very confident about getting big scores if the players remain motivated and the desire is there. In the warm ups, England have effectively been bowling to mostly batsmen who are not even regulars for their ranji team and still we have managed the big scores.

I think it's just a question of whether England can eek out a couple of boring draws.

ViruTheBest

Banned
Swann flying home, because his kid is unwell, hope it's not too Bad, saying he should be back for the First Test.
It will be a blessing for you guys if he misses the first test. His record is good versus left handers but not so good versus right handers. Also Indian batsmen have dealt with world class batsmen well on indian soil let alone Swann.

He is low on form, has a floating bone in his elbow which affects him. I think his purple patch is over. Monty will outbowl him this series if both play together but again, he should be easy to handle.

Finn is a worry if he plays because even on flat pitches he can extract that little bit extra and get key break throughs. As long as we don't self combust to England's limited spinners we will be getting big totals.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Patel is very much a batting all-rounder though, IMO. Would just seem a bit of a weird balance to me, with Samit at 8. Although I guess all the batters will get a hit.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sardar Patel Stadium B Ground, Motera, Ahmedabad

Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Whats the difference between the two anyway? Do they really have two separate stadiums with the exact same name? lol.

Pothas

Hate to say it but there's a fair chance I'll manage to watch more of the SA Aus series than the England India one.
Yeah same, its on at a much better time and the cricket is going to be so much better.

This will either be a horror show or one of those grimly determined, doing ok sort of series.