• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That is not a disciplinary action.

There is no one else. I blame the Bhogles and Manrekars and Sidhus and the 50 Cricinfo writers who hyped up these Indian spinners as the next Bedi and Prasanna.

I am a huge Onions fan too but according to Cricinfo he has lost his rhythm.
There is no one else? In the entire Indian domestic circuit, there is no spinner averaging less than the 50 Chawla has been averaging?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Probably a string of murders which tbf might not be such a bad thing if it rids of us of some of the goons we've got around cricket. However the likely Geordie run genocide of South Africans entering the UK might be a slightly minor diplomatic issue we'd need to overcome.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I wouldn't be that surprised if Meaker picked up quite a few poles if were to get the nod - very unlikely that he would I'd suppose.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
8.50am Joe Root has received his Test cap. We are sure Root is going to replace Samit Patel, who pats him on the back. Also this is Graeme Swann's 50th Test

8.45am The pitch looks flat, dry, whtish. The little bit of grass there is there to keep it together for the first two days or so. Lots of cracks on the surface. "Bottom of a dried river bed," Paul Collingwood calls it. These cracks are going to open up at some time. Collingwood also calls it a day-three pitch. Toss is crucial again. No water on the pitch for two days. All pointing towards three spinners for India. Toss in 15 minutes

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
8.50am Joe Root has received his Test cap. We are sure Root is going to replace Samit Patel, who pats him on the back. Also this is Graeme Swann's 50th Test

8.45am The pitch looks flat, dry, whtish. The little bit of grass there is there to keep it together for the first two days or so. Lots of cracks on the surface. "Bottom of a dried river bed," Paul Collingwood calls it. These cracks are going to open up at some time. Collingwood also calls it a day-three pitch. Toss is crucial again. No water on the pitch for two days. All pointing towards three spinners for India. Toss in 15 minutes.
Cricinfo saying this but Star Cricket is saying the wicket is suited to 2 fast bowlers and India will play that. Let's see who is right.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
4 spinners and Ishant ?

If Jadeja is playing as a batsman then why the hell would you not play Rahane ? CSK connection or what?