Page 32 of 675 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Ian Botham is a former England captain but very few England fans take a blind bit of notice of anything he says
    As opposed to when Willis speaks and we all fall asleep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Do they?

Does every Indian fan believe every bit of bull**** that Gavaskar spouts then?
    Not saying you have to agree with him but he knows a lot more than some arm chair fans! his views cannot just be dismissed no matter what our issues may be with the Saturday night dancer!

Nah Vaughan is a troll where everything he says is solely to big up his celebrity.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    As opposed to when Willis speaks and we all fall asleep.
    Don't sully RGDW's good name by mentioning him in the same breath as Vaughan and Botham, please.

The great man may have a world-weary lugubriousness but he's not a cock or a trenchant buffoon like certain other ex-skippers.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Ton for Sammy & a 50 for Prior at nearly a run a ball as the tourists take the lead.

Bres & Jimmeh in at the lunchbreak; imagine that'll be it when one goes as I can't see any point in risking worsening Finn's injury.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Batting on after lunch, I suppose it might be the only chance that Bresnan gets for a knock before the Tests. Reasonably satisfying workout so far, the pluses (tons for Cook, Patel, runs for Trott and Prior) outweighing the minuses (injury to Finn, failures for Bell and Compton).

Three warm-up games give you quite a few options, but if they want to give everyone a game n the first two, Root, Bairstow, Broad, Onions and Panesar come in for Cook, Trott, Bresnan, Finn and Swann I suppose. Depends on whether Finn will be fit to play.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Good workout in the end. Only real minus is Finn injury as the bats who failed have more than one match left to find form. Advantage of preparing properly I suppose and not turning up all arrogant expecting it to be alright on the night.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    The Internet, Radio and

pretty sweet article about the whole TMS thing that erupted the other day
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Uploaded at Picoodle.com

Are those two doing the same dance?
    Hey Woody, where's Buzz?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    The Internet, Radio and

pretty sweet article about the whole TMS thing that erupted the other day
    England must not have had anything equivalent to Roy and HG for Test Match Sofa to be considered either new or amusing. I mean, I don't think they should be precluded from broadcasting or anything, they're just monumentally unfunny.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

School Boy/Girl Captain LegendaryProtea's Avatar
    So Sky are going to use the STAR feed but have the regular Sky commentators (Nasser and co.) sat in a studio in England providing commentary? It's gonna feel pretty strange, especially when the feed cuts to the STAR/Indian commentators talking in the box whilst we hear the Sky team.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    So long as we don't have to listen to Gavaskar.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

School Boy/Girl Captain LegendaryProtea's Avatar
    Or Sivaramakrishnan. I don't know if he is part of their commentary set-up though. I know they usually have Bhogle, Gavaskar, Shastri, Ganguly, Wilko and Wasim. I remember reading Warney is going to be doing commentary for them for a couple of Tests. I'd always prefer the Sky team though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Sorry but it's a completely arsewipe-ish thing to do. If you're going to do pathetic petty things like that then why bother having warm-up games and A tours? Preparing warm-up or A tour pitches that are completely alien to what the normal pitches are is similarly the act of an arsewipe. It will just lead to petty retaliation and teams having warm-up and A tours in different countries to those that they're touring.

Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me in the least that there are people who aren't not only failing to condemn, but actually coming out to support these petty acts.

Cricket should not be stooping to this sort of level. Nobody is suggesting India give England a look at the Test bowling attack, but they should be treating touring teams and the game of cricket with a greater degree of respect than this. If this sort of nonsense is acceptable where does it end? How about sending England off to the crappiest facilities? Spike their food? Steal their equipment? Hire bands to keep them awake at night?
    It is called as Home advantage. What next? India should prepare bouncy tracks in the "spirit of the game" to give England an equal footing?

India gave England full respect by fielding a team which had 10 current International players, no less. All of them are vying for a spot in the Indian team, and you're talking as if they were not taking this seriously. What a joke! Let me ask you, which tour game in England had a home team fielding more than 5 International players?

Actually they should be thanking the BCCI for putting the likes of Yuvraj Singh, Raina, Dinda, Pathan etc, who are all test team hopefuls, in the team as a bad game for them could've reduced the confidence level of these players.

That even a pie chucker, apparently "unfit" Yuvraj Singh could bag a fifer in this game, England should actually be thankful to BCCI for saving a bit of their morale by not fielding a proper spinner.
    Last edited by Senile Sentry; 01-11-2012 at 11:34 PM.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    International doesn't automatically mean good you know.

Bangladesh field 11 players everytime they go out but it doesn't mean they're all good.

Thread Information