• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah we do. At least in the last 18 months we have.

The hate for India around 2010 was stupid, but nowadays they really are pretty easy to hate. Have to accept it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FTR I no longer hate India, can't hate anyone that ****.

It's why I don't hate Jono as a poster. What would be the point?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Reckon in terms of world cricket this is the biggest test match for the last 4/5 years and could shape Indian cricket for the next decade

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Honestly, 3-1 could result in any of the following occurring:

- Dhoni sacked
- Dhoni dropped
- Tendulkar retires (although unlikely he will announce his retirement after a test ala Dravid, VVS, more likely to go ala Ponting, Waugh and announce beforehand)
- new Indian captain (any of Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Pujara, Ashwin all possible)
- Fletcher sacked as coach
- Gambhir dropped
- Sehwag dropped

Some of those are far more likely than others, but considering Zaheer was dropped, its open season. And 3-1 could really result in the **** hitting the fan.

uvelocity

International Coach

- Dhoni sacked
- Dhoni dropped
- Tendulkar retires (although unlikely he will announce his retirement after a test ala Dravid, VVS, more likely to go ala Ponting, Waugh and announce beforehand)
- new Indian captain (any of Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Pujara, Ashwin all possible)
- Gambhir dropped
- Sehwag dropped

Some of those are far more likely than others, but considering Zaheer was dropped, its open season. And 3-1 could really result in the **** hitting the fan.
the only thing which will happen, regardless of the result

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

- Dhoni sacked
- Dhoni dropped
- Gambhir dropped
- Sehwag dropped

These are also my thoughts. I reckon the Indian board may go for a major overhaul of Indian cricket if it happens

Its definitely going to be 3-1 or 2-2 imo, gonna be a clear result pitch and both sides will be going for the win.

Xuhaib

International Coach
regardless of the result I think its pretty clear there will be a total overhaul of the side with Kohli,Pujara,Ashwin and Yadav being the engine around which the teal wiil be built.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ideally, yes..but in the real world, everyone here knows it won't happen.. I don't understand why this is even being talked about..Should a player be allowed to get away with defying team decisions like this? No..but then people should have thought about this before making a demi-god out of a human.
Wtf ? Weird post.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah. Its interesting, I still think more will happen at 3-1 than 2-2 though. At least in the short term.

I think India have a good shot to win the 4th though. Just think considering all the drama and in-fighting it may be one of those scenarios where they actually come out and play simple cricket.

Also feel Kohli is cooking up something special for the 4th test.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

- Dhoni sacked
- Dhoni dropped
- Gambhir dropped
- Sehwag dropped

Dhoni will be sacked and so will Fletcher if India lose the match, imo. It's become a consensus view among the ex cricketers and even ex selectors now.

Tendulkar retiring or not depends more on his performance, rather than the result. Still think he'll probably go after the Australian series though. Same with Gambhir, Sehwag and Dhoni being dropped or not.

Actually one of Gambhir and Sehwag could be dropped anyways even before the test.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why can't I find the Australia/India tour on the future tours section on cricinfo?

Is it another case of cricinfo trying to influence selection??