• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always humbling when we hear stories of stars coming from such backgrounds.

Good luck to him, whether he makes his debut or not.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, well, Awana has had some life already and he couldn't be much worse than Ishant Sharma, to be cynical. I guess the value of having Jadeja in the side is that he can provide variation and depth to the Ashwin-Ojha pairing. But I really don't see him justifying his place too well because we really do not need another lower order batsman, just better upper-order functioning. The changes I really want to see will not be happening I guess. First, I wanted Rohit Sharma in the side. Since that will not happen, I would really like to see Rahane open with Gambhir, and Sehwag play in the middle order, preferably at number 4. He has wanted to do so for so long, and it might be the ideal change. Sachin can be pushed down to number 5 and Kohli at number 6.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah, and since he's such a sticky sort and unlikely to go by himself, maybe we can keep presenting him with new final frontiers down the order until he's 12th man :ph34r:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think tendulkar has batted at 5 for a long long time (cases of inserting a night watchman excepted). Last I remember was when both Ganguly and Dravid were in godly firm and Azhar decided to put them at 3&4.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tendulkar will bat where he's asked. I'm sure he'll say he feels more comfortable at four but I'm equally sure that if Dhoni said "we're not travelling too well so I'd really like to try something different", he wouldn't have a tantrum over it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar will bat where he's asked. I'm sure he'll say he feels more comfortable at four but I'm equally sure that if Dhoni said "we're not travelling too well so I'd really like to try something different", he wouldn't have a tantrum over it.
Yeah, agreed. Though at the same time not sure what's the benefit of playing Sehwag at 4.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, agreed. Though at the same time not sure what's the benefit of playing Sehwag at 4.
Yeah I think it'd be a pointless move too, but if Dhoni and the team management said they wanted it to happen, Tendulkar would not cause a fuss over it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, Sehwag will be better off down the order since his hand-eye co-ordination is deteriorating. Plus, ideally, the number 4 slot should be filled by either Virat Kohli or Rohit Sharma.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
good luck trying to get Tendy to change his batting position
Call him over the night before, and tell him he's coming in at five. If he doesn't like it, he can go stuff it.

What's this about choice?

Now obviously you woudn't handle it like that. He has a tremendous amount of international experience so it makes sense to get his thoughts about the situation beforehand - you wouldn't be a good manager or a leader if you didn't listen to your teammates, especially ones with a lot more experience than you. But you listen to him, and he either changes your mind (if he tries),or he doesn't. Then you make a decision and he goes wherever you tell him. In the end, as long as you have the job, you have to do what you think is best to win.

FTR, I don't really see the value in this particular change, but your primarily responsibility isn't to any one player.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever