• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They posted 300 plus totals batting first in both the games..while that is not great..its not a terrible effort by any means..certainly not a score where the bowlers have no chance..if the bowling was up to the mark, I can see them making a game out of it..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mumbai's first innings batting was okay, but Kolkata's was really poor. That was a 450 wicket.

And the second innings, what excuse was there for that post-lunch collapse? They lost like 6 wickets in an hour or something.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hypothetical I know but if India lost this series and Dhoni was dropped would Ashwin bat above Saha, possibly the best way for Ashwin to stay in the side is as a batting all rounder even though he may well become a good bowler again in time anyway.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hypothetical I know but if India lost this series and Dhoni was dropped would Ashwin bat above Saha, possibly the best way for Ashwin to stay in the side is as a batting all rounder even though he may well become a good bowler again in time anyway.
I think Ashwin have to keep his batting going inorder to stay in the side eventhough he is better then what he has show nwith the ball in this series he's not a patch on Kumble or a young bhajji and for India to maintain their home dominance they do need spinners of that caliber however if Ashwin keeps his batting going he could play an ideal role as a #7 bat and a 2nd spinner.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mumbai's first innings batting was okay, but Kolkata's was really poor. That was a 450 wicket.

And the second innings, what excuse was there for that post-lunch collapse? They lost like 6 wickets in an hour or something.
Yeah I had to do something outside for a bit, come back and bam, it's four/five down after being none down at lunch. Was a surprise tstl.

Teja.

Global Moderator
maybe he just isn't good

can bat tho
Yeah, I'd think that too if not from him bowling extremely well for extended periods at times. I reckon it's still a work in progress though. Pretty inconsistent but I think the talent is there.

Reckon he'll be disappointed averaging anything less than 35 with the bat itbt. Can seriously bat and can bat when the going's not good too.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
He's an Ian Bell IMO. A player who looks a lot better than he really is.
Reckon he's a more talented player than Ian Bell.

Has the best all round game of all the young Indian batsmen (yes, including Pujara).

Should have made his test debut in Australia IMO.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Don't get this attitude by many Indian fans to Rohit.

His failures in ODIs/T20s mean very little in determining how he will fare at test level.
It's stupid, and yet they have no issues with Jadeja being given a shot. From what I've seen of Jadeja (and I hope I'm proven wrong), Jadeja will be found out as soon as he steps foot outside the subcontinent, if not before. Sharma hasn't exactly covered himself in laurels either but the fact he's got game is plain to see.

Spark

Global Moderator
When the bookies are more confident about Ishant Sharma than you, that's when you know you're doing it wrong

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Being pedantic I know, but the batting clicking is more important. Doesn't matter how well India bowl, if they keep collapsing like they are (particularly on tracks relatively easy to bat on like the Eden one) they're not going to win ****.
The bowlers were responsible for the loss in Mumbai slightly more for me, and the batsman the same in Kolkata.

But still you get the feeling that the batsman are more likely to rescue the bowlers after a poor performance than the bowlers to rescue the batsman. Batsman basically have to perform every innings atleast to a above par level.