• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In all seriousness, Rohit was in the Australia squad and then fell behind for dubious reasons. Pujara returned from injury and was ahead of him before that, so fair enough. But you get the feeling he's being written off because of his poor pyjama cricket exploits, when possibly, that's simply not his game. His first class record is supreme. Would be shocked if he's not in the Indian team by the end of the year.

Probably will walk in once Sachin goes (unless they want to play Rahane at 4).

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit Sharma should've been in the team two years ago. Anyone who has seen him bat can see he's a class act. If they brought him in back then and he failed he could've been dropped and re-introduced as a player who has learned his game.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On a separate topic:

England in India 2012-13 : Gautam Gambhir shrugs off his struggles | Cricket Features | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Great article by Monga on Gambhir.

His recent failings completely correlate with India's issues. He was key to India doing well from 2008-2010. He used to be a player that gave it his all and busted his gut for every run. He really is in denial nowadays, pretending like he doesn't have an issue converting scores and that he doesn't have a ridiculously obvious weakness outside off stump.

That dumb ****ing poke.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit Sharma should've been in the team two years ago. Anyone who has seen him bat can see he's a class act. If they brought him in back then and he failed he could've been dropped and re-introduced as a player who has learned his game.
Nah, we'd rather keep trying this bloke.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness, Rohit was in the Australia squad and then fell behind for dubious reasons. Pujara returned from injury and was ahead of him before that, so fair enough. But you get the feeling he's being written off because of his poor pyjama cricket exploits, when possibly, that's simply not his game. His first class record is supreme. Would be shocked if he's not in the Indian team by the end of the year.

Probably will walk in once Sachin goes (unless they want to play Rahane at 4).
Yeah, as i said a couple of pages ago he has got ODI'd twice now.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Got injured in the morning of the test, when he was supposed to make his debut against South Africa 3 years ago iirc. Saha had to play as a batsman that game and Steyn was in full flow.

Both Badri and him got dropped/overlooked after that series based on ODI form, and Yuvraj/Raina kept getting selected based on the same.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He's an Ian Bell IMO. A player who looks a lot better than he really is.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh right sorry. Yes I'm with you. Less preparation definitely has an impact with the result/performance.
how did this convo get so far without someone pointing bollinger then went on to break down in his nest match (which just about won the test for india)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
lol Rohit no thanks, keep that guy away from the Indian team, hope Rahane gets his chance and makes the most of it before Rohit enters the scene, but honestly I don't think we're gonna play another middle order bat, we should go in with Jadeja as our # 6, which will give a bit more flexibility in our bowling and ease the workload for the rest our bowlers to an extent.

With Ashwin at # 8 I think we're good batting wise (in terms of how low we bat obviously). Apparently this Parwana dude can bat (hit 74 recently). So I guess there is that too.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
how did this convo get so far without someone pointing bollinger then went on to break down in his nest match (which just about won the test for india)
we were waiting for you to make your entry..we don't tend to remember pie chuckers like Bollinger you see :ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a solution for India's selection dilemmas.

Barter system of exchange works when there is a double coincidence of wants.

India needs bowlers
Pakistan needs batsmen.

Ashwin is a better batsman than Hafeez
Hafeez is a better spinner than Ashwin

Pakistan and India should carry out a barter transaction.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Had a chuckle at the use of the word "barter".

I'll give you a left-arm quick and three goats for a middle order bat

Teja.

Global Moderator
The most important thing for India is Ashwin gets his **** together and starts bowling well again a la first innings of first test and NZ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Being pedantic I know, but the batting clicking is more important. Doesn't matter how well India bowl, if they keep collapsing like they are (particularly on tracks relatively easy to bat on like the Eden one) they're not going to win ****.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Being pedantic I know, but the batting clicking is more important. Doesn't matter how well India bowl, if they keep collapsing like they are (particularly on tracks relatively easy to bat on like the Eden one) they're not going to win ****.
Yeah, I meant from a more long-term, career-development POV. It'll be terrible if we squander a spinner with the talent-level that Ashwin has.

Batting clicking is definitely more important for the next game.

Last edited: