• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

centurymaker

International Captain
Yeah I agree. No point with the ifs and buts, but I don't think the bowlers should be hung out to dry like they have been over the last few years. Batting has been awful in the last 2 tests.
batting has been awful since WC.

if batting previously (like 2-4 yrs ago) was 4 out of 5 stars, it is now 2.5 stars

if bowling previously was 2.5 stars out of 5, then it is now 1.5 to 2 stars.

essentially back then, india would win games on back of great batting displays (sehwag, gambhir, laxman, and tendulkar were excelling together) instead of great bowling. bowlers would just do enough to win after the batsmen had put a big total on the board.

now that the batting's **** now, team's been found out both home and away.

if india drew back the series, i get the feeling that the players and the management would go on about how they are still a strong side etc and deny that they have been uncommitted and just dreadful in every aspect since the world cup compared to their opponents, thereby resulting in no serious changes being made to the side.

Then 2-3 months later, australia 2-0 up...:@

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BBC - Podcasts and Downloads - Test Match Special

Look, for all the problem you have, I really don't see anything that couldn't be solved by putting Rahul in charge. What a guy.
Yeah, him and Ganguly are speaking an awful lot of sense. Guess they don't need the hassle of being a selector/coach though and all the hate that would go with it if things didn't work out. Just been a very good interview with Ganguly on Sky.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ESPN Cricinfo ‏@ESPNcricinfo

Yuvraj, Zaheer and Harbhajan dropped from squad for fourth Test #IndvEng

BCCI ‏@BCCI

Team India for Nagpur Test: MSD (C)/Sehwag/Gauti/Sachin/Virat/Pujara/Jadeja/Ashwin/Chawla/Ishant/Ojha/Rahane/Dinda/Vijay/Awana

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jadeja! Great pick. Haters gonna hate based on limited overs failures but his skills translate so much better to FC cricket.

Dropping Zaheer but not Sharma is so weird though.

centurymaker

International Captain
ESPN Cricinfo ‏@ESPNcricinfo

Yuvraj, Zaheer and Harbhajan dropped from squad for fourth Test #IndvEng

BCCI ‏@BCCI

Team India for Nagpur Test: MSD (C)/Sehwag/Gauti/Sachin/Virat/Pujara/Jadeja/Ashwin/Chawla/Ishant/Ojha/Rahane/Dinda/Vijay/Awana
serious? :drool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, look I wub Zak, but he's moving towards being a pastiche of his former self currently. Tubby 34 year old seamers with what would optimistically be called a chequered injury history have a limited shelf life.

Needs to go away and get fit.

ajdude

International Coach
rahane would probably still play ahead of jadeja, but two triples in a season bodes well for the latter

unless they decide to drop some other ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i don't what the **** a dinda and awana is so yeah that's real
Dinda's been in the squad the whole time, so he'll probably play. I think Awana would be a better pick though; much higher ceiling as a player and is having a killer Ranji season, especially the last few weeks.

Gotta say, there's no way Sharma or Dinda are better than Zaheer at the moment, IMO. He may be a shadow of his former self but Zaheer's shadow has always been a better bowler than those two. I could understand if they dropped Sharma as well or Yadav was fit but as it stands I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Jadeja is an awesome selection. Monster FC All-rounder.

Good to see the back of Yuvraj and the weed. Zaheer, if fit should have been retained and Sharma dropped.

centurymaker

International Captain
great.

it'll be something like this-

sehwag
rahane/gamhir/vijay
pujara
tendulkar
kohli
jadeja
dhoni
ashwin
ishant
awana/dinda/chawla
ohja

4 spinners?

centurymaker

International Captain
Dinda's been in the squad the whole time, so he'll probably play. I think Awana would be a better pick though; much higher ceiling as a player and is having a killer Ranji season, especially the last few weeks.

Gotta say, there's no way Sharma or Dinda are better than Zaheer at the moment, IMO. He may be a shadow of his former self but Zaheer's shadow has always been a better bowler than those two. I could understand if they dropped Sharma as well or Yadav was fit but as it stands I think it's a bit of a knee-jerk.
i think the management still believes that ishant has alot of potential and can come good :laugh:

sli

Cricket Spectator
Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh dropped

India have dropped Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for the Nagpur Test. Delhi fast bowler Parwinder Awana and Suarashtra allrounder Ravindra Jadeja have received first Test call-ups. Piyush Chawla replaced Harbhajan. Sachin Tendulkar retained his Test spot, and MS Dhoni his captaincy

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane, Pyish Chawla, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, Parwinder Awana