• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Totally sucks us aussies dont get any live coverage of this series, not even highlights.
Oh ****, didn't even realise. Foxtel are going to get another angry email from me. Will have to start a new email account again, but worth it. Only reason I pay for the ****ing thing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Should point out that Root getting the best batsman on the opposition (by some distance) out could work in his favour. Bowled more than Samit (whose three wickets all came against the bottom four..) here, so his offies may even allow Bairstow to play ahead of Patel if he's preferred to Compton as opener.
Wouldn't him bowling more than Patel be due to the main spin bowler being Panesar and looking for a bit of variety?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldn't him bowling more than Patel be due to the main spin bowler being Panesar and looking for a bit of variety?
I don't think that sort of stuff really applies to warmups, tbh. They wouldn't waste overs on Root unless the thought of him getting through a few in the Tests had crossed their minds.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Squad of 15 for a home test?

Glad Yuvraj is back, an average of mid 30's after nearly 40 tests is nothing to fear. Bloke aint up to it in tests.

As for us, Compton looks like he is back in the box seat for the test. So we will go in with an opener totally out of form and leave out a guy who scored a ton. Makes sense.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
we didnt get the last 2 england tours to india, that sky did. last england tour to india we got was 2001.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Referring to Dhawan? Pujara's playing as well.
Haha for some reason I didn't even notice that :laugh:

But yeah, Dhawan is still head and shoulders above anyone else playing. Pujara and Dhawan aside, it legitimately is just a bunch of blokes who couldn't make the Mumbai side this week.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
Haha for some reason I didn't even notice that :laugh:

But yeah, Dhawan is still shoulders ahead of anyone else playing. Pujara and Dhawan aside, it legitimately is just a bunch of blokes who couldn't make the Mumbai side this week.
Dhawan's been in great form this season. So yeah, it was a big wicket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dhawan is a rare species as well, in that he can actually offer 120+ kph of medium pace inspite of being a batsman.. Dhoni would dearly love it if he were international class with the bat as he would give him the much needed option of the 5th bowler who is a "decent pace" seamer..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dhawan is a rare species as well, in that he can actually offer 120+ kph of medium pace inspite of being a batsman.. Dhoni would dearly love it if he were international class with the bat as he would give him the much needed option of the 5th bowler who is a "decent pace" seamer..
Have only seen him bowl once personally and he sent down offies. He bowls both, then?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it was more likely that he just bowled in the tour game.. I am pretty sure he was bowling reasonably nipy medium pace even in the Windies during the A tour..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't even actually remember when I saw him bowl - IPL game maybe? Might even be imagining someone else but cricinfo has him down as offies on his profile page as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't think that sort of stuff really applies to warmups, tbh. They wouldn't waste overs on Root unless the thought of him getting through a few in the Tests had crossed their minds.
I guess so - would suspect that Samit's extended bowl in the first match may also have had an effect?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Foxtel not showing this, just like they didn't show 2006 and 2008. ****ing hell.