• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

cnerd123

likes this
Sehwag stays. He's been doing allright.

Gambhir, Yuvraj, Ishant out. Who will replace Ishant though? Can't we have Praveen Kumar back? Will Yadav be fit?

I want to drop Kohli, but he's the future, and fields well. And Ashwin is scoring more of our runs.

Rahane, Mukund/Vijay, Praveen/Yadav in.

Not that much stronger a team though, tbh. Unless MSD gets sacked as well...

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
waiting for tendulkar to finally come to terms that his game has regressed significantly since January and that he needs to move on.

same goes for zaheer. he's not done anything for almost 2 yrs now, mainly due to lack of pace.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its a blight on Indian cricket that Ishant and Yuvraj have played as many tests as they have :laugh: :(

cnerd123

likes this
waiting for tendulkar to finally come to terms that his game has regressed significantly since January and that he needs to move on.

same goes for zaheer. he's not done anything for almost 2 yrs now, mainly due to lack of pace.
It keeps having to be repeated that

a) There is no one better at the moment to replace those two
b) If the best 11 cricketers in India were picked right now, regardless of experience and politics and status, those two would be in it.

Sad truth, but that's how it is.

cnerd123

likes this
Its a blight on Indian cricket that Ishant and Yuvraj have played as many tests as they have :laugh: :(
It's not that their talent isn't worthy of such extended careers, it's just that they've not done anything of note with it. They are the same players when they started, if anything they've become worse. It's such a waste and such a disappointment.

You can only blame the BCCI and the poor systems in place so far. I mean, look at Zak. If these guys wanted to make something of themselves in the Test arena, they would have by now.

Ishant still has time on his side, but Yuvraj is a lost cause. I was optimistic about him in the leadup to this series, now I'm just disappointed.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I have to admit as a neutral fan that I was rather annoyed that India held out to make us come back tomorrow.

This is largely due to the fact that tomorrow I work from 6:00 p.m. until midnight local time, and in my time zone the match will start at 8:30 p.m. Unless a miracle happens, I'll miss all of it.

Granted, if they're still playing when I get home from work around 12:30 a.m. then it'll be very much worth watching.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's not that their talent isn't worthy of such extended careers, it's just that they've not done anything of note with it. They are the same players when they started, if anything they've become worse. It's such a waste and such a disappointment.

You can only blame the BCCI and the poor systems in place so far. I mean, look at Zak. If these guys wanted to make something of themselves in the Test arena, they would have by now.

Ishant still has time on his side, but Yuvraj is a lost cause. I was optimistic about him in the leadup to this series, now I'm just disappointed.
Nah Yuvi never had it imo. Just cannot handle pace, movement and was always weak against good spin. How can you be a test batsman? I lost faith in Yuvi in the 2007/08 Australian series.

Ishant, yeah you can probably blame the Indian system for that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well I imagine Dhoni will be there. Ishant and Yuvi almost definitely gone.

Don't see any other changes just yet.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It keeps having to be repeated that

a) There is no one better at the moment to replace those two
b) If the best 11 cricketers in India were picked right now, regardless of experience and politics and status, those two would be in it.

Sad truth, but that's how it is.
going by that, dravid and laxman would still be two of the top 6? :laugh:
come on.

even ashwin > sachin.

there's 3 youngsters waiting to get picked- rohit sharma, rahane, mukund.
even if they failed, they wouldn't do much worse than avg less than 30 like sachin.

moving on to zaheer, he has been a nobody for so long now that i can't remember when he bowled well last time.

there's pankaj singh who hasn't been tried out. actually praveen hasn't been given an opportunity at home either.

praveen
pankaj singh
yadav

should be the 3 seamers picked for the aus series.

Satyanash89

Banned
Openers havent been as awful as the middle order. Tempted to laugh at the ****iness of Sachin, Kohli (biggest disappointment of the series) and Yuvraj.
The last test is going to be make or break for Sachin (if he plays), Dhoni, Yuvraj. The importance of that final game just cannot be emphasized enough... must-win gane for so many reasons.

Strangely, i think a 3-1 series loss would actually help the Indian team a lot more than a 2-2, assuming it brings along some sweeping changes

Last edited: