• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from the morning session this has been a perfect game from England so far. Total domination and no let up in the pressure on Dhoni and India.

Would Dhoni get sacked before the next game or will they wait and hope they can draw level first?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apart from the morning session this has been a perfect game from England so far. Total domination and no let up in the pressure on Dhoni and India.

Would Dhoni get sacked before the next game or will they wait and hope they can draw level first?
I highly doubt Dhoni will get sacked even if they get pumped in the fourth Test. He's too high profile in India now and there are no obvious replacements.

I always thought Sehwag would actually make an awesome captain; there were glowing reports about his leadership and knowledge of the game coming through for ages.. but every time I've seen him in action he's been a complete defensive joke with no idea. He might be different with his own side (rather than doing his duties as vice captain) but I wasn't impressed with him in the IPL either.

I'm not sure how serious Jono is but with Kohli being so terrible with the bat this series, captaincy is probably the last thing he needs at the moment.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
always had a feeling that this could happen at any time

finally some hard decisions will now be made for the betterment of the team,
you'd think that would be the case after 1.5 yrs of same old abject performances.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I initially thought he'd be a good stop-gap for Kohli, but things are so ****ed now we may as well pull a South Africa/Graeme Smith and give Kohli the captaincy and go for broke.
He's been the worst batsmen this series..like even worse than Yuvraj

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah that strikes me as bizarre.

However, I'm sure something very similar happened during the 09 Ashes with Ponting. Though there it was given out anyway, to the confusion of everyone...
In fact I suspect it would've been changed in exactly this case. I think it was Lord's first dig, where one came off Ponting's pad through to Prior, and they claimed the catch. They checked if it had carried (which it had)... then gave it out, despite it being plainly obvious that he'd gotten nowhere near it. Was absolutely absurd (although tbf he was probably plumb LBW as well)
Yeah I'm not sure 'nowhere near it' is accurate as I remember it being quite hard to call, as you say though it was definitely lbw if he hadnt hit it so they went with it anyway.

But, great stuff this. Good to see Jimmy back in top form.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I highly doubt Dhoni will get sacked even if they get pumped in the fourth Test. He's too high profile in India now and there are no obvious replacements.

I always thought Sehwag would actually make an awesome captain; there were glowing reports about his leadership and knowledge of the game coming through for ages.. but every time I've seen him in action he's been a complete defensive joke with no idea. He might be different with his own side (rather than doing his duties as vice captain) but I wasn't impressed with him in the IPL either.

I'm not sure how serious Jono is but with Kohli being so terrible with the bat this series, captaincy is probably the last thing he needs at the moment.
Sehwag being a good captain was one of these myths that everyone fell for. Just read it or heard it and we all believed it. It kind of was a thing we all wanted to believe, a guy who just attacks with the bat was also a very attacking and exciting captain. Proved to be ****house.

Gambhir really is the only option for captaincy, which is a sad state of affairs for Indian cricket right now because his spot as a batsman should be under pressure.

Kohli failing in 3 innings in a test series needs to be put in perspective itbt. Played well vs. Aust (last 3 innings were slogging with the tail, incorrectly given out and then run out).

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm not sure 'nowhere near it' is accurate as I remember it being quite hard to call, as you say though it was definitely lbw if he hadnt hit it so they went with it anyway.

But, great stuff this. Good to see Jimmy back in top form.
Nah I remember it being really, really obvious that he'd missed it.