• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone tell why the umpire went upstair if there was no edge? Surely you can't go upstair to check the edge

Dire stuff from Rod Tucker

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if was sent up he was out surely as the 3rd umpire can't say that he didn't hit it only whether the catch was clean or not. Might have been lbw if it wasn't a catch anyway?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Admittedly only watching on an iPad because I can't be arsed to get out of bed, but wasn't that glove?

Also, aren't umpires only allowed to go upstairs to check catches? Someone find playing conditions?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm never going to complain too much at the right decision being reached; Gambhir didn't hit the ball.

Surely a BCCI representative will be running out onto the field any minute to tell Gambhir to walk off though; we can't have video technology adjudicating on edges, surely?!?!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm never going to complain too much at the right decision being reached; Gambhir didn't hit the ball.

Surely a BCCI representative will be running out onto the field any minute to tell Gambhir to walk off though; we can't have video technology adjudicating on edges, surely?!?!
He must've got the Bat Signal from the pavilion.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

Lol

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway review that one you ****.

Gambhir entering Shane Watson territory in being the master of getting in and giving it away as well as stitching up teammates when you there.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
The problem with it was that under the playing conditions of this match, you're out if the ump thinks you're out. Gambhir was effectively the only batsman on either team to have the benefit of the tech overturning a poor decision. Akin to him being the only batsman allowed to use a helmet.

stumpski

International Captain
Academic now anyway. Botham chuntering away after that incident, and he had a point of course, but nobody wants to see a batsman giiven out caught off his pad. Even England don't want that despite Cook's remonstrating.

Last edited: