Cricket Player Manager
Page 261 of 675 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    have been really impressed by the positive approach that England have taken this inning....can't really support all of the slog sweeping and all but some really good batting in b/w those
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Thing is, I think how well Cook and KP played has meant the pitch hasn't looked as hard for batting as it actually is. It's really turning now, and anything above 100 in the 4th innings and I won't be that confident.
    Add in Pujara for them as well. If he is hampered by ribs would it be a surprise to see them get under 200 in the 2nd innings? Scoreboard pressure and a few lacking form in there.

Harbhajan is playing this game? News to me.

Of FMD Prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.

And it's not like someone is going to throw his head in the way, trying to stop a ball to take a catch.
    I think the law is there to rule out a catch by simply picking the ball from the grill, after it got stuck in it.

We probably need the lead into 3 figures before "scoreboard pressure" really becomes a thing. I'd certainly feel much safer at any rate. 68 just doesn't seem like much to shout about.

Edit: 400 is a nice, pat-on-the-back sort of number, though

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Harbhajan is playing this game? News to me.

Of FMD Prior.
    It's news to Dhoni as well. He has hardly been used so far. Which can only be explained by the fact he has nothing to claim a slot in India's first XI anyway.

Yeah but we are already 68 in front with 4 wickets left and one of our best players is at the crease. No reason to think the lead won't grow over 100 and towards 150.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Yeah but we are already 68 in front with 4 wickets left and one of our best players is at the crease. No reason to think the lead won't grow over 100 and towards 150.
    Your faith is touching, and I hope justified, but I can't help feeling that Prior is going to be left high and dry very soon

So, Indian fans, which seam bowler would you have played ahead of Harby? Is Praveen injured as well?

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Your faith is touching, and I hope justified, but I can't help feeling that Prior is going to be left high and dry very soon
    Wouldn't be a problem if Timbo was here

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Well the fact is even if we only bat 10 more overs the rate that Prior, Broad and Swann naturally score at will see us over 100 in front and that is without any big shots.

Congratulations Harbhajan, finally a maiden.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.

And it's not like someone is going to throw his head in the way, trying to stop a ball to take a catch.

--
    So why exactly could the umpires only reverse the decision with Dhoni's approval? Pretty ****ed that.

Anyway, great stuff KP. Fantastic. And to think this time yesterday SS was reckoning we might drop him.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    what kind of field is dhoni setting here. agreed they are ahead by 80+..but these 2 are new to the pitch and have some proper test match field and ..ffs bowl to a plan don't ball six different ball each over...

have feeling that we are not going to make more than 250 in the second inngs
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    So, Indian fans, which seam bowler would you have played ahead of Harby? Is Praveen injured as well?
    Praveen, but tbf I haven't seen him bowl after the injury. Maybe even Pankaj Singh. Deserves a chance to fail at least.

Thread Information