• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A feature here shows how critical leg-spinners have been for winning in India, and laments the lack of a spinner beyond Kumble. Honestly, if they hadn't dropped Amit Mishra after that A'bad Test or the England tour, and persisted with him, they wouldn't be without one.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Really don't remember the last time we were dominated two Tests running at home.Darker days ahead. It's going to be a bit embarrassing seeing the BCCI strut their stuff while the team representing them gets shellacked all over the world.
They will be seen talking about next IPL.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
More and more sledges aimed at Ashwin. Fair, he's had a dreadful home series, but I don't believe Ojha's been any good either, beyond one innings. The Aussie series and the tour to South Africa could have two new spinners playing for India. I'm no fan of discarding the best players after a poor series, but this is a pee-poor spin roster. You can't even blame the poor management for this, the way we would for the loss of Amit Mishra, as this spin choice is really a step down.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
More and more sledges aimed at Ashwin. Fair, he's had a dreadful home series, but I don't believe Ojha's been any good either, beyond one innings. The Aussie series and the tour to South Africa could have two new spinners playing for India. I'm no fan of discarding the best players after a poor series, but this is a pee-poor spin roster. You can't even blame the poor management for this, the way we would for the loss of Amit Mishra, as this spin choice is really a step down.
Both of them are quite old-fashioned, slow spinners. Modern batsmen just aren't threatened much by that, particularly on a slow pitch like this. They have too much time it seems

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So since the toss was lost it couldn't have gone any better, much like the last test. Just need to carry on doing the same for another day and a bit and be in a winning position. Sounds easy but obviously isn't.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Both of them are quite old-fashioned, slow spinners. Modern batsmen just aren't threatened much by that, particularly on a slow pitch like this. They have too much time it seems
That is the problem. They're useless on flat decks. I know most Indian bowlers struggle on flat decks, but here, you've got one bloke pushing ahead a whole lot of silly variations that he can do without, and the other offering slow, straight deliveries that these batsmen can wait on and hit for easy runs.

NasserFan207

That is the problem. They're useless on flat decks. I know most Indian bowlers struggle on flat decks, but here, you've got one bloke pushing ahead a whole lot of silly variations that he can do without, and the other offering slow, straight deliveries that these batsmen can wait on and hit for easy runs.
I think this brand of spin is slowly going to die out tbh. Guys like Ajmal and co, Panesar; fast spin is the future.

Edit: Howe he is unorthodox but he is also old-fashioned in that he tosses the ball up and has a slow arm.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this brand of spin is slowly going to die out tbh. Guys like Ajmal and co, Panesar; fast spin is the future.

Edit: Howe he is unorthodox but he is also old-fashioned in that he tosses the ball up and has a slow arm.
They've adapted and gone ahead, much like England's batting against spin. India's spin, on the other hand, just went backwards. I don't know if there really is much scope for Ashwin and Ojha to pick up, but if series are being lost, they shouldn't be given any.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't see any argument why 'slow' spin should die out. After all, both Warne and Murali were slow spinners. It's just the current fast spinners happen to be better.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So basically if this ball doesn't reverse much and India exploit it then England are sitting pretty. The thing is will the track break up much to help us later in the game or will it remain a flat deck all the way through?

NasserFan207

Don't see any argument why 'slow' spin should die out. After all, both Warne and Murali were slow spinners. It's just the current fast spinners happen to be better.
Warne is a leggie, which is a different brand of bowling to finger spin. And Murali was literally a freak

The track will break up late on day 4 and 5

Satyanash89

Banned
Just like the previous game, i hope India loses and the stupid public finally realises this is a **** team no matter where we play and more than that, i hope dhoni gets called out on all that ****e about "greentops".
No excuses left if we lose this... none at all... and thats why i srsly want us to lose... badly