Cricket Player Manager
Page 249 of 675 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

  1. #3721
    International Regular harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    All true. When I said earlier that our last 7 wickets could tumble for not many, it was because for some reason I thought we were three down. I meant our last 8, given the lack of experience / quality at 5 & 6. And I don't think we can rely on Prior too frequently. A better side would be aiming for and expecting a lead of 150+ from this position. Which you probably need on this pitch.
    Would be a good chance for Samit Patel to shine tomorrow, given that England will not be under much pressure when he comes in (presumably). Prior always seems to come through, though, doesn't he, and looks quite comfortable too while batting. So England should get at least a slim lead, but I think it will not be more than 50-60 runs. I think this match is going to have a very close finish, with maybe England chasing around 250-odd on the 5th day. Boy, that will be interesting

  2. #3722
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Concentrating on the League
    Posts
    15,730
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    Even though I disagree with Sunny and BCCI on this issue, scorning somebody's views just because they don't agree with you is valueless. And who is going to define who is 'decent' and who not in a country like India, where people come from such diverse economic, educational, cultural and social backgrounds? I didn't realize the Southern White faction in the US was an idiotic crowd which drowns out the decent voice inside the GOP, but of course they must be, because they disagree on almost everything with everybody else.

    I scorn the views because as pointed out before they're contradictory. In my experience the decent Indian supporters can differentiate obvious spin, as can the decent Americans even in the Republican party. Not slagging off contradictory views just ones that are dogmatic and show no consistency, and certain people seem to follow them blindly. I don't believe they're the majority, just the most vocal.

    TBH, I think that's exactly whats happening for the GOP nowadays, whilst they slaver for that Fox news view and ignore everyone else.
    Last edited by grecian; 24-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  3. #3723
    International Regular harsh.ag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,068
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    I scorn the views because as pointed out before they're contradictory. In my experience the decent Indian supporters can differentiate obvious spin, as can the decent Americans even in the Republican party. Not slagging off contradictory views just ones that are dogmatic and show no consistency, and certain people seem to follow them blindly. I don't believe they're the majority, just the most vocal.

    TBH, I think that's exactly whats happening for the GOP nowadays, whilst they slaver for that Fox news view and ignore everyone else.
    I think I get what you are trying to say. I just have two things to say. First, for a man who has that particular Walt Whitman quote as his signature, you don't seem to be that much of a fan of people contradicting themselves

    Secondly, I think that you seem to be missing a crucial point in that peoples views at any point of time are usually a product of their circumstances(not just present ones, but lifelong ones like education as well), and it is not stupid or morally bankrupt of them to not consider an opinion which, although factually correct, would hurt their personal situation in some ways (including their ego and personal faith/beliefs which they may have nurtured their entire lives).
    Last edited by harsh.ag; 24-11-2012 at 01:22 PM.

  4. #3724
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Concentrating on the League
    Posts
    15,730
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    I think I get what you are trying to say. I just have two things to say. First, for a man who has that particular Walt Whitman quote as his signature, you don't seem to be that much of a fan of people contradicting themselves

    Secondly, I think that you seem to be missing a crucial point in that peoples views at any point of time are usually a product of their circumstances(not just present ones, but lifelong ones like education as well), and it is not stupid or morally bankrupt of them to not consider an opinion which, although factually correct, would hurt their personal situation in some ways (including their ego and personal faith/beliefs which they may have nurtured their entire lives).
    If people contradict themselves because that's life, fair enough, but if you do it for a clear agenda, of other peoples views, I choose to judge it. TBH the beauty of that quote though, is no-one can catch me on my many split personalities.

    Basically slagging off the review system, then using the actual cameras that would be part of a review system to slag off decisions is rich, and just goes to show they actually think it's a good idea, but they have to talk up reasons against it, because of their allegiances. There's no crucial point here, if they don't care for video evidence they should just say the ump made the decision and he was right to do so, as we've said 1000s of times when slagging off the review system.


  5. #3725
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,911
    Dhoni could have asked Umesh Yadav to bowl off spin instead of replacing him with Harbhajan Singh #IndvsEng


  6. #3726
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    This is gonna be an important session, don't think India will take the new ball when it comes available, was Zak getting any reverse swing towards the end of the days play?

  7. #3727
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    Aswhin get it together man

  8. #3728
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,442
    Why does Sehwag need a chest pad his moobs will protect him.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

  9. #3729
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,022
    **** off cook, it was great in the last match because we were still winning but it's annoying as hell now.

  10. #3730
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    garbage bowling, stop ****ing bowling short.

  11. #3731
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,930
    If bcci really want to help Indian cricket, they should ban cook from touring.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  12. #3732
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    watch him drop it short now because of that fancy little scoop by KP

  13. #3733
    International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds, G.O.C.
    Posts
    2,442
    Think they tried that with Gooch years ago. tbf.

  14. #3734
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    yeah we're screwed

  15. #3735
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,693
    Cricketing gods rewarding me for finally getting up at 4 afaic.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. highest 50+ scores, percentage(ODIS)
    By Indusriver in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 03:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •