Page 248 of 675 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Wouldn't be against Hildreth playing but he strikes me as a no.4 rather than a 3.

Plus I think Brumbers was dong a Scaly impression.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Wouldn't be against Hildreth playing but he strikes me as a no.4 rather than a 3.

Plus I think Brumbers was dong a Scaly impression.
    Yeah, know all that, just having a bitter swipe myself.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Would be hilarious if India lose on a pitch that Dhoni finally got to his specification.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    It's not even to his specification though is it? Just happens to be a typical Mumbai wicket I think.

Nah. Not typical.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    What's a typical Mumbai wicket like anyways? All I know is that it offers something for the seamers early on and flattens out eventually.

does anybody else find it funny that Sunny G and Ravi after bagging DRS use the same technology to comment on the umpiring errors.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Double standards from Gavaskar? My god the world is ending.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Missed the last session but delighted by the score. Another good session in the morning and we will be favourites to win the game, trouble is we know a collapse is just around the corner with our batting line up.

Just to clarify, the man going back when the team score is around 20 on a bunsen burner is different to dropping a man back after tea when Cook was set. Crikey some people.

Any news on Pujara yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    does anybody else find it funny that Sunny G and Ravi after bagging DRS use the same technology to comment on the umpiring errors.

I don't find it funny at all, I find it pathetically predictable. I'm someone who remembers them playing and they were admirable pros. Now they're just pathetic stooges, with one agenda (the BCCIs) and no sense of irony. The problem is they seem to be giving the worst part of Indian fan-base a platform. Many decent Indian supporters but they get shouted down most places by idjits following these two guys.

They are to Indian cricket, what Fox News is to the GOP.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    I don't find it funny at all, I find it pathetically predictable. I'm someone who remembers them playing and they were admirable pros. Now they're just pathetic stooges, with one agenda (the BCCIs) and no sense of irony. The problem is they seem to be giving the worst part of Indian fan-base a platform. Many decent Indian supporters but they get shouted down most places by idjits following these two guys.

If CW had a "like" feature I'd click it.

Tough love from Devon's finest.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Don't know if any polls were done to ask Indian fans their opinion on the DRS. I'd be surprised if there wasn't broad support for it. Saying that BCCI doing something is representive of the will of most Indian fans is like saying apartheid doing something is representative of most South Africans.

BCCI and their stooges have nothing to do with any fan base. It's about preservation of power.

Banned

lol.....nice rant

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Don't know if any polls were done to ask Indian fans their opinion on the DRS. I'd be surprised if there wasn't broad support for it. Saying that BCCI doing something is representive of the will of most Indian fans is like saying apartheid doing something is representative of most South Africans.

BCCI and their stooges have nothing to do with any fan base. It's about preservation of power.
    I think this post is quite accurate. Almost everyone I know is in favor of implementing the referral system. To me it seems as straightforward a case as any. Even if the technology has flaws, I am pretty sure the margin of error involved is far lesser than that of the naked eye.

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar

Even though I disagree with Sunny and BCCI on this issue, scorning somebody's views just because they don't agree with you is valueless. And who is going to define who is 'decent' and who not in a country like India, where people come from such diverse economic, educational, cultural and social backgrounds? I didn't realize the Southern White faction in the US was an idiotic crowd which drowns out the decent voice inside the GOP, but of course they must be, because they disagree on almost everything with everybody else.
    Last edited by harsh.ag; 24-11-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Thread Information