Page 234 of 675 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Ashwin...I guess this fellow can bat?
    Don't think he's made a significant score in test cricket before this one, so I'll wait it out.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

People don't rag on Scaly too much, his precious hasn't been picked, and "the Donkey" has been the best bowler.

#prayforScaly
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Two of Donkey's wickets were complete gifts. This is good for England because if he genuinely knocked 4 people over we'd be lucky to make 200. Over two innings.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Just another tale of taste.

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    AshWIN! He scored a 100 last time he batted here so nice to see him among the runs again. Luckily Bhajji can contribute with the bat otherwise our tail is pretty short.

And England still haven't dismissed Pujara in the series

another double ton coming up!

I'm gonna be optimistic and hope for 400+

did the ball really start to turn and grip after lunch? Because our score seems below par otherwise atm

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post

did the ball really start to turn and grip after lunch? Because our score seems below par otherwise atm
    Turned more than last test and bounced. Pujara seemed largely untroubled. Regardless of how good the guy is/ends up he is in some serious nick at present and making England pay.

Would say our only hope is another Cookie special.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Please. It's 266/6. You guys are easily ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Oh gawd gambhiring tennis

Lets see how it is when both teams bat, if we don't get over 200 in the first innings, as seems almost the norm for us, then India are comfortably ahead. If we bowl them out quickly and actually show some gumption with the bat, we're possible faves.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Grecian, I am just going on our usual crapness against spin and the fact we are batting last on what will be a very difficult pitch. I think we missed a trick not bowling them out for less than 250 when we had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Grecian, I am just going on our usual crapness against spin and the fact we are batting last on what will be a very difficult pitch. I think we missed a trick not bowling them out for less than 250 when we had the chance.
    Oh, I'm in your camp really, but it's not as desperate as after the first day in the first match, and you'd hope Cook and Priors partnership has shown our bats Ojha and Ashwin, are not that good.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    That's because pacers failed to play their part. I don't expect them to pick 5-fer in India. But they need to chip in 2-3 wickets to remain in the game. You can't expect spinners to do everything. Unhelpful pitch can't be used as an excuse for being completely useless.

Easy wickets, fluke wickets, tail-ender wickets or whatever, pacers have to support spinners if they want to restrict India to a manageable total.
    Last edited by Trichromatic; 23-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    I didn't watch much of the game but it does seem premature to say that India is well ahead at the moment. Let's see how England bats first. India's 3 spinner attack does look menacing but as Ashwin showed quick runs are possible on this wicket and there are several England batsmen who could play a similar innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    I didn't watch much of the game but it does seem premature to say that India is well ahead at the moment. Let's see how England bats first. India's 3 spinner attack does look menacing but as Ashwin showed quick runs are possible on this wicket and there are several England batsmen who could play a similar innings.
    Yeah, could be a time for KP really, a bit of pace means the ball will be coming onto the bat. Glad JB is playing too, good striker of the ball. If Trott, Cook, or Comp could just play a long innings, we've got people who can score quickly, and unsettle the spinners, down the order.

Not going to happen though obvs.

Watching highlights with Hindi commentary. The reason Hindi commentary sucks is that it's urban guys who don't speak or write in unadulterated Hindi that are doing commentary. They are guys who speak English better than Hindi. The Hindi commentators of 80's were professionals and much better.
    Last edited by ankitj; 23-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

U19 12th Man
    Broad's time looks about up, no penetration whatsoever like bresnan. meaker or onions should be given a chance if finn remains unfit. alltough onions is more like for like for anderson.

Thread Information