• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

uvelocity

International Coach
Have to laugh really. If India A's orders were to not give us practice against spin, bowling Yuraj, Raina & Tiwary seems (ha) an odd way to go about it.

Could it just be the press was talking bollocks (I know, unprecedented) and the selectors wanted a look at India's "fast" "options"?
I'd have gone with ""fast" options" myself

ViruTheBest

Banned
Glad Patel is getting some runs. I don't rate Bairstow but Patel is actually a joke at test level. So it would be nice to see him bat at no6 and bowl some freebies. Shows the lack of options, opting for someone like Patel at 6. It is equivalent of India considering playing Ravindra Jadeja at no6 in tests which would never happen and tbh Jadeja is a better LOI.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So Patel's probably played his way into the test side; very harsh on Bairstow, who couldn't have done much more on his last test outing.

In other news, Bell is still hopeless unless we're 250+ when he arrives at the crease.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad Patel is getting some runs. I don't rate Bairstow but Patel is actually a joke at test level. So it would be nice to see him bat at no6 and bowl some freebies. Shows the lack of options, opting for someone like Patel at 6. It is equivalent of India considering playing Ravindra Jadeja at no6 in tests which would never happen and tbh Jadeja is a better LOI.
Yeah, good one, would almost be as farcical as playing Raina for 17 odd Tests. oh wait a minute:unsure:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's nice to see that WW let his Indian cousin know about Cricket Web.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Have to laugh really. If India A's orders were to not give us practice against spin, bowling Yuraj, Raina & Tiwary seems (ha) an odd way to go about it.

Could it just be the press was talking bollocks (I know, unprecedented) and the selectors wanted a look at India's "fast" "options"?
Maybe the Indian selectors decided to let Yuvraj, Raina and Tiwary have a shoot out for the number 6 role, by seeing who could bowl the best.

stumpski

International Captain
I assume we'll bat on for a while tomorrow, no point in declaring if India 'A' then just bat all day. Not a great position for Compton to be in but maybe Cook will sit out the next game and let him and Root open.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always been a Sammy advocate (albeit with ever decreasing vociferousness), so not actually disappointed to see him getting runs.

Still think it's very harsh on young Bluey if he does miss out tho, but.

If Compton and Root both tank maybe Trott (or Bell) will be promoted to opne and both will play.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Vaughan on twitter was forced to change his view about India A not playing spinners, as he conceded that Yuvraj was a bit too good :)