Page 22 of 675 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    The great Australian side talked of the final frontier when they came to India, and look they had been giving a tonking to everyone all over the world so to call it the final frontier when they came over to India was fair game.

Matt Prior is now calling this the final frontier for England, surely a final frontier would imply that England have been winning everything else home and away? The fact of the matter is England were drubbed 3-0 by Pakistan in the UAE and 2-0 in England by Prior's compatriots lest we forget.

Based on this how can he call it a final frontier? It is like saying you want to complete the hardest level on a video game when you cant even get past the level for beginners that is the reality of the situation.
    I'm pretty sure he said the Sub Continent was the final frontier. Yes I appreciate that the UAE isn't in the SC, but he means Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Given that Matt Prior also hasn't won a Test match in the USA, in Japan or on the Moon I think we can put this one down to artistic license and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Good to see that curious strain of Indian hubris is still alive and well.
    One wonders how long the troll will last in the series.

Though I seem to remember a load of Indians appeared trolling before the series over here and vanished quite quickly. Probably one of the same ones under a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by ViruTheBest View Post
    Prior may see it as the final frontier for an absurd reason but for me it's just "business as usual." We have done well versus England for a long time in India. So we just have to replicate that.

The series shouldn't receive such attention as Mr Prior is trying to make out. It is not a final frontier in that sense.
    I apologise that "Mr Prior" is trying to build anticipation for this series. Lets all go back to not giving a **** now, shall we?

I fail to see the obsession with fitness. As long as you are match fit it is usually enough for batsmen as well as being a safe catcher. You guys are superior to Pakistan in training, fitness, preparation and lack of scandals, yet still got white washed.

Greg Chapell himself said when in charge of India that talent and skills > fitness. I was talking about the top 6. I would still go for Dhoni at 7 rather than Prior as I am not convinced Prior can play in all conditions. You saw with Dhoni he can bat aggressively, anchor an innings which is what you want at 7 for our team. Like Gilly.

Footwork is not necessary. Pretty much every English batsmen plays text book style and their stats are poorer than many Indian batsmen. Ian Chapell once said that with Viru the fact he keeps so still actually helps his hand/eye coordination. If reflexes slow down, that is another matter.

But harping on about footwork and fitness is why your team may return to the days of the 90's. There is a lack of talent in England but this obsession with traditional and orthodox players is silly.
    Please learn how batting works before posting any more on the subject.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    One wonders how long the troll will last in the series.

Though I seem to remember a load of Indians appeared trolling before the series over here and vanished quite quickly. Probably one of the same ones under a new name.
    Sadly, I think the result of this series will cause them to stay well past the series conclusion. and at least until Australia tour there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Sadly, I think the result of this series will cause them to stay well past the series conclusion. and at least until Australia tour there.
    Unless they get booted off before.

I expect us to lose, be amazed if we don't.

Aaaaanyway, we have a thread for this **** already. Moved.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    How could you dispense with such a fine thread as The Final Frontier?!?
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Serious point Spark, is there a subforum plan for this series as you guys may get quite a lot of work with Indian fans starting lots of threads over every minor thing in this series. Might be easier for you guys seeing as we will lose and they want revenge etc...

Serious point Spark, is there a subforum plan for this series as you guys may get quite a lot of work with Indian fans starting lots of threads over every minor thing in this series. Might be easier for you guys seeing as we will lose and they want revenge etc...
    I don't believe we have a subbie planned, no - especially as we have another big series at the same time. But I could be wrong, have been less than active lately.

And if people want to troll, they can **** off pre-emptively, tyvm. Save us time.

I don't believe we have a subbie planned, no - especially as we have another big series at the same time. But I could be wrong, have been less than active lately.

And if people want to troll, they can **** off pre-emptively, tyvm. Save us time.
    What series is that?

Banned
    Please learn how batting works before posting any more on the subject.
    I already do but clearly many English fans don't. You will be stuck in this vicious cycle until then. Our batting legacy is something other countries could only dream of achieving.
    Last edited by ViruTheBest; 29-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    What series is that?
    NZ vs Sri Lankda obvs.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I already do but clearly many English fans don't. You will be stuck in this vicious cycle until then. Our batting legacy is something other countries could only dream of achieving.
    Haha. You, my friend, are a laugh a minute.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar

An 8-0 overseas embarrassment?

An opener who resembles this guy?

A middle order batsman that only Jono could love?

Thread Information