• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Absence of Dravid and Laxman plus Sachin's ongoing cricketing senescence must have had some negative bearing on the collective spin-playing prowess.
Certainly. Sehwag too. After Sachin, Sehwag used to be the best player of spin in the Indian cricket team. To see India collapse to spin like this, to a spinner not named M. Clarke, is pretty shocking. In fact, to do it in less than 40 overs, at home, is pathetic.

It'll be interesting on the type of pitch that's prepared next time.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There was some stat that popped up on my Twitter feed that collectively, Tendulkar and Ponting have averaged about 20 since April or something like that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah go and get stuffed. Its over. Ashwin's wicket was the nail in the coffin, what in God's name was the thought process and why so late in the day?
Did you not watch us in the UAE?

I genuinely wouldn't be comfortable with us chasing anything over 100.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
150? Cook alone will get close. 250 minimum.
I know you're being a dick about it (reckon we should change Gambhiring to Mananing myself), but how many away sides have actually gone to India and successfully chased 250 in a 4th innings to win?

My guess is not a lot.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I know you're being a dick about it (reckon we should change Gambhiring to Mananing myself), but how many away sides have actually gone to India and successfully chased 250 in a 4th innings to win?

My guess is not a lot.
Yea, but not many sides have been in this position on this type of pitch in the first place tbf.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That would include Ashwin too.

I'd actually give a few to Sehwag or something. Ashwin has been very disappointing for most of the match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bowled far too short. Not sure what the **** was going through his head or if it was just poor execution. Either way, you're right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe even Tendulkar - he spins it more than anyone else....at least for a couple overs.

I never want to see Yuvraj, Harbhajan and Tendulkar in whites again. And Ashwin needs to show something soon too.