• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Howe_zat

Audio File
Except for that period in 09-10 where he kept failing to get a ton and consisently averaged 40.

I'm not sure "consistency" actually has much real meaning at all, or at least not one people will agree on

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm not Gambhiring here, but I really don't think we should start sucking each others ****s yet. We were chasing something like 120 in the 2nd test in the UAE and we all know how that ended up.

Harby has two (?) test tons and Zaheer can tonk a few, as he proved first innings.

80-90 might induce a choke yet.

England are like a 95% chance, but we've ****ed up better positions than this before.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In terms of consistency, you can pretty much guarantee that every single calendar year, Pietersen will score a couple of swashbuckling, match winning tons, have at least one ******** dismissal to a SLA bowler and average around 50.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's not consistant in the way that he can play one of the great innings against South Africa, next test look horrible in Ahmedabad then play another great innings in Mumbai.

But he's consistant in the fact that he rarely goes, bar the period Howe mentioned, long without really contributing to the side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pietersen calendar years:

2005 - 44.93
2006 - 53.72
2007 - 50.35
2008 - 50.75
2009 - 47.50
2010 - 41.55
2011 - 73.10
2012 - 46.00

Compare that with Cook:

2006 - 46.04
2007 - 43.95
2008 - 36.09
2009 - 45.71
2010 - 58.50
2011 - 84.27
2012 - 46.63

and Clarke:

2004 - 49.66
2005 - 28.00
2006 - 71.00
2007 - 80.00
2008 - 50.61
2009 - 54.84
2010 - 36.71
2011 - 38.62
2012 - 119.00

Xuhaib

International Coach
I'm not Gambhiring here, but I really don't think we should start sucking each others ****s yet. We were chasing something like 120 in the 2nd test in the UAE and we all know how that ended up.

Harby has two (?) test tons and Zaheer can tonk a few, as he proved first innings.

England are like a 95% chance, but we've ****ed up better positions than this before.
tbf Ajmal-Rehman-Hafeez were a superior spin trio then the current Indian one however this is definetley a far difficult track then that Abu Dhabi test can see you guys limping to a 3 wicket win chasing 80-90.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In terms of consistency, you can pretty much guarantee that every single calendar year, Pietersen will score a couple of swashbuckling, match winning tons, have at least one ******** dismissal to a SLA bowler and average around 50.
Yeah, as Howe said it depends what you mean by consistency. What I meant is that he is unlikely to go on a 2 year run batting like he did today (like Clarke looks like he is going to do)

Does seem to have been a little more boom and bust since in the last couple of years. As I said originally I'm perfectly happy him being that way, no greater sight in international cricket than him at his best.

Pothas

No doubt, I was getting worried when scores were level.

We should be fine of course but if it is 100 and the captain falls early then it will get very nasty indeed.

Pothas

10 not out in a 2 run defeat, can see it now.

Nah lit be fine, confident enough that we will only be chasing 60 or 70 at most.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: India

Was our collapse **** batting or because the pitch started acting up?

Get rid of Yuvraj, being in Rahane, and Virat needs to get it together geez, before the series he was one of our key batsmen and now he's struggling.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
**** batting and very good bowling. Pitch is helping, but I believe it did not change dramatically (or did it? I didn't watch anything before India's 2nd innings)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watching today's play on delay and just saw Kohli's dismissal.

Absolutely full of rage. Came close to breaking my TV.

FFS.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: India

Was our collapse **** batting or because the pitch started acting up?

Get rid of Yuvraj, being in Rahane, and Virat needs to get it together geez, before the series he was one of our key batsmen and now he's struggling.
Pitch played the same, just made you appreciate even more how well Cook and KP played and Pujara on day 1.