Cricket Player Manager
Page 213 of 675 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Yeah but the point is after some tons in India you were saying you weren't worried about Pujara overseas, but you were worried about the other batsmen, which included Kohli, the one young batsman in our lineup who has tonned up overseas.

I'd say that's stupid.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    In fairness you've only got 2 young batsmen in the line up. And one of them is Kohli.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Squad then. SS mentioned peeps out of the team like chub face Raina.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah but the point is after some tons in India you were saying you weren't worried about Pujara overseas, but you were worried about the other batsmen, which included Kohli, the one young batsman in our lineup who has tonned up overseas.

I'd say that's stupid.
    adelaide is one of the best highways in the world tbf.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

I'd say that's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Pujara looks awesome (at home, always have to say that w/ Indian batting).
    I don't remember saying I'm not worried about him overseas. I thought I quite cleary implied by the bolded statement that he's unproven overseas. If I said something else in another post (I might have at some point if I got too excited, in which case I agree it's a stupid statement and I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Kohli only tonned up on an absolute road in Adelaide anyway, where, in the previous innings, two players made double centuries, so it doesn't really prove much as of yet.

He was left stranded in Perth.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    I think we can all agree both SS and Jono are ****s, and so is Kohli, except he's a **** with skills.

Peace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

what was with that **** getting a new bat for one ball yesterday? Think he wanted a shirt too but decided he would look like he toughed it out more if he left the dirty one on. WAC he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    I rest my case that your a stalker.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    green flip flops?
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Kohli will do well outside the subcontinent.

The fact that he could play well at Perth is quite instructive IMO - was a way more significant innings than the one at Adelaide.

Pujara too will do well oustide the subcontinent - he was pretty impressive on some juicy tracks in the West Indies for India A earlier this year. He also has a very good game - a technique suited to dealing with seam movement and higher bounce.

If India can get something out of Rohit Sharma (still think he's a phenomenal talent), that's a pretty decent middle order they have there.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    What could do with a bit of work, though, is the spin combination. Ojha and Ashwin have been unconvincing on this surface, which is a far cry from a rank turner. We're talking of taking a bagful of wickets for under a hundred each. They're not as good as the top three Indian spinners, and need to turn the ball a lot more to be effective in batting-friendly conditions. Harbhajan can help these blokes out a little, as he's not an overly selfish bloke.
    Someone help me out here, what is Arjun saying here? The spinners were unconvincing bit then you say the surface didn't help them. Then you're saying they're not as good as the top three Indian spinners?

Am I misreading this post?

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    I am finding it hard to comprehend people's obsession and reasoning behind having a strong tail even at expense of leaving out better bowlers... (if the the top and middle order struggles against spin, then in all likelihood so will the tail)

I keep hearing people (experts too) say that playing both Finn (if fit) and Monty in the next game would gravely weaken their batting unit. Do they, however, realize how much of a difference this move could make to their bowling. For example, although they'd likely lose 30-40 runs playing the former two, they may manage to restrict India for 100+ fewer runs than with Broad and Bresnan instead. The positive impacts of the bowling performance may even carry into the batting. Hence, the potential gains from bowling clearly outweigh the additional runs that Broad and Bresnan would probably add to the tally. (It's not like they are in a good batting form either tbf)

If I were in charge, I'd play the 4 best bowlers for the conditions given, and not compromise bowling to strengthen the tail-end batting, especially considering that they are now 1-0 behind and they must take 20 wickets to win.

Play the best bowlers and play the best batsmen to give yourself the best shot at a competetitive performance, easy. Take out Patel too if he's not a better batting alternative to Morgan and co..

Thread Information