Page 212 of 675 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Lol, Broad knew there was no way he was going to beat ol beefy in a spat.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    "They [the bowlers] had to work really hard," Dhoni said. " Especially if you are expected to take more than 10 wickets to get a team out."

"I don't even want to see this wicket," he said. "There wasn't enough turn and bounce for the spinners… Hopefully in the coming matches we'll see the wicket turn, right from start, or as soon as possible so that the toss doesn't become vital."

"It was not so easy. I can tell you that," he said. "We were on the field for two, two-and-a-half days. The bowlers had to bowl very patiently. Ojha bowled close to 82 overs, Ashwin bowled 70 overs.

"As the game progressed the pitch got slower and slower. I don't think there was much turn for them. The odd ball turned, but there wasn't enough bounce for the edge to carry to the slip fielder. It was about keeping one or two deliveries out and you were set for the game."
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Dhoni in test cricket is hard shocker.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    even with broad broading it up, dhoni comfortably outdouched everybody during this match.

how many catches and stumpings did Dhoni miss in total?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Criticised the umpires as well. Dhoni is becoming a bit of a parody tbh. Should focus on his own game instead of slagging off the officials like he always does.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    even with broad broading it up, dhoni comfortably outdouched everybody during this match.
    The quote about umpiring is a disgrace.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Overrated captain and a pretty poor keeper tbh isn't worth his place in the Indian side, Saha looked a much tidier keeper in Aus.

Still stand by that I think Kohli should be captaining India, bit Ganguly like in attitude which is what I think they need.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I think we have seen just about enough in this second innings to suggest we might manage a little better than that, should be able to draw a couple I would have thought.
    But Cook and Prior were the only people to score more than 40 for us in the match. That is just staggering.

Add in the fact that it was probably our worse performance with the ball in years.

The seamers were seriously down on pace, and have been for a while, Trott still looks in a rut, KP seems to have his head clouded again, I just don't back the rest of the batsmen to get any runs out here.

It was a positive sign that we improved so much in the 2nd innings (we have to bare in mind that the first dig was the first proper go against quality spin on tour so far) but I still just can't see the quality and form in the team at the moment to beat a strong India side at home.

The only way England will win a test is if they catch everything and Cook goes huge again, IMO.
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 19-11-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by viscount tom View Post
    overrated captain and a pretty poor keeper tbh isn't worth his place in the indian side, saha looked a much tidier keeper in aus.

Still stand by that i think kohli should be captaining india, bit ganguly like in attitude which is what i think they need.
    +1

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    But Cook and Prior were the only people to score more than 40 for us in the match. That is just staggering.

Add in the fact that it was probably our worse performance with the ball in years.

The seamers were seriously down on pace, and have been for a while, Trott still looks in a rut, KP seems to have his head clouded again, I just don't back the rest of the batsmen to get any runs out here.

It was a positive sign that we improved so much in the 2nd innings (we have to bare in mind that the first dig was the first proper go against quality spin on tour so far) but I still just can't see the quality and form in the team at the moment to beat a strong India side at home.

The only way England will win a test is if they catch everything and Cook goes huge again, IMO.
    Really good post, totally agree with what your saying.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    The quote about umpiring is a disgrace.
    He should have referred those calls.

/obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Kohli has as perfect a gsme a sub cont bat can have for non sub cont conditions.
    Exactly. You wonder whether this SilentStriker bloke watches the game sometimes. Hi back foot game is very suited to SA and Australian conditions. If he gets his head right like he did nearer to the end of the Australian tour he will do very well.

Grouping Kohli with Raina is a disgrace. Far better batsman and much much much better looking ffs

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Is it Tatenda Taibu swimming? If so, I can not answer that question.
    heh
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    FFS, I just listed the whole lineup and said it'd be untested - I didn't specifically say anything about Kohli. In fact, I only specifically pointed out Yuvraj and Raina as the ones who suck a lot.

Err, though it looks like I forgot Gambhir.

Thread Information