• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Howe_zat

Audio File
It was never going to be a "greentop". There are reasons you don't get greentops in India and it's not because the groundsmen all have an irrational fear of grass.

Trichromatic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Before the game the curator said it'll be a typical Mumbai pitch, bit of bounce and assistance for the seamers early on. As for how it's actually acting, I'll try to tweet one of the journo's there and hope they reply.
It was bit damp during start, tinge of green. Decent bounce (Bresnan got some help), otherwise flat track.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@CricSim Not turning majorly. Swann got a little turn. But once Finn went out, they had to bowl more spin. Your theory could be right too.
That's all I got from him

Daemon

How else am I going to get it more popular besides interacting with Cricket fans?

Trichromatic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
‏@the_topspin

Anderson strikes in his first over as Saha pads up to a straightish one. Hint of reverse? India A 190-6...
@the_topspin

@Sherryjoshua We'll know more later. They're hopeful it's nothing too serious. Flat pitch, gentle turn...
5hankar

@the_topspin Hi. Was there any swing/movement on offer for the quicks?

@5hankar Not a lot. A tiny bit of bounce occasionally for Bresnan...
That might give some idea.

flibbertyjibber

So basically England should be able to bat comfortably seeing as the Indian team lack spinners then.

Waits for 175 all out.8-)

Daemon

Now Tiwary scores a 50 which from all accounts has been flawless so far. Pathan doing great as well, tonking Swann for a couple of sixes.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
disaster if Finn is out of the series- suppose the one bright spot might be the possible call-up of Dernbach as his replacement.:dry:

Last edited:

Daemon

Yorked for 93 :(

Bres on a hattrick.

Anderson off with an injury scare. Doesn't seem serious though, he did complete the over after all.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interesting that on the day Finn gets injured, Bresnan is the pick of the bowlers. Maybe it won't turn out to bad if Bresnan is bowling well.

Nice jinx ****.

Yuvraj dropped first ball by Fatel :laugh:
Good to know we haven't imporved in the catching department. 8-)

This series is going to be horrible if we keep dropping Kohli, Sehwag and Tendulkar.

Fatel clobbered for 14 off his first over :laugh:

Can't believe the **** will keep Bairstow out of the side.
Have you seen Bairstow bat in the Sub Continent?

Stuffed if we are picking Fatel for this series. I know we are up against it but why go in with 10 men on top of it?
Tbf, he wouldn't be bowling as much on a first day usually. He's just bowling so much because Finn is injured.

Interestingly enough, I don't know what we would have done if Patel wasn't playing this match. A 3 man attack with one spinner would have meant a lot of part timers.

disaster if Finn is out of the series- suppose the one bright spot might be the possible call-up of Dernbach as his replacement.:dry:
:sick:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Wonder who they would call up. Meaker? Tremlett?
I'd guess Meaker too. No idea if Tremlett is fit at present but no way he could be anywhere near match fit given his fitness problems in the last year. Woakes merits a chance but england are right that he's likely to be irrelevant as a bowler in India.