Page 21 of 675 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViruTheBest View Post
    Prior may see it as the final frontier for an absurd reason but for me it's just "business as usual." We have done well versus England for a long time in India. So we just have to replicate that.

The series shouldn't receive such attention as Mr Prior is trying to make out. It is not a final frontier in that sense.
    Well we've won everywhere else in the past 12 years at least once.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Cricketer indulges in hyperbole.

The World is shocked.

You're just bloody lucky he didn't say that England "need to show a lot of character" to win in India.

It's just a generic soundbite in an age of tired cliches. Nothing more, nothing less.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    But who exactly is threatening in India's line up?
    Well Sehwag is threatening to burst the elastic on his trousers.

Banned
    Well we've won everywhere else in the past 12 years at least once.
    India were consistent close to 2 years after they were no1. England fell quite spectacularly. Also you guys have been strong home but when faced with a real challenge like South Africa at home you were found wanting. Australia are not the force they once were.

I'm not sure why, but I suddenly started wondering who will open the batting for England, now Strauss is gone.

Will it be Joe Root?

Banned
    But who exactly is threatening in India's line up?
    Even without Dravid and Lax the team is littered with players who average 50 plus. Likes of Viru, Sachin have performed everywhere. Kohli and Pujara are stars in the making. I think it's just a case of Gambhir and the no6. But plenty of talent coming through.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Well Sehwag is threatening to burst the elastic on his trousers.
    He has revolutionised opening in test cricket with much success. Had a couple of bad tours recently due to many reasons. But he will go down as one of the best. If he played Atherton/Cook/Boycott style he would be averaging 70 plus

With the exception of KP at no6 none of your other batsmen could get into our team.
    Last edited by ViruTheBest; 29-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    keep calm, finish your breakfast rob.....deep breaths.....

8-0.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I think we can all agree that if Suresh Raina plays, then India's hopes go out the window.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViruTheBest View Post
    Even without Dravid and Lax the team is littered with players who average 50 plus. Likes of Viru, Sachin have performed everywhere. Kohli and Pujara are stars in the making. I think it's just a case of Gambhir and the no6. But plenty of talent coming through.
    Tendulkar hasn't look liked scoring anything for the past god knows how long against good bowling. Tbh neither has Sehwag. To suggest btw that only KP could get into your team when you've still got Gambhir in the side is pretty lauhable and the fact that Prior's a lot bette rin tests than Dhoni.

One of those many reasons in Sehwag's case is probably that he's a fat **** with iron feet He won't go down as one of the best because he isn't he's Hayden without the cookbook.
    Last edited by Viscount Tom; 29-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Love that a batting side which got past 300 twice in sixteen overseas innings is described as the best at, well, anything.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Good to see that curious strain of Indian hubris is still alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Love that a batting side which got past 300 twice in sixteen overseas innings is described as the best at, well, anything.
    They're clearly the best at inspiring blind devotion amongst their fans, yay them
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Banned
    Tendulkar hasn't look liked scoring anything for the past god knows how long against good bowling. Tbh neither has Sehwag. To suggest btw that only KP could get into your team when you've still got Gambhir in the side is pretty lauhable and the fact that Prior's a lot bette rin tests than Dhoni.

One of those many reasons in Sehwag's case is probably that he's a fat **** with iron feet He won't go down as one of the best because he isn't he's Hayden without the cookbook.
    I fail to see the obsession with fitness. As long as you are match fit it is usually enough for batsmen as well as being a safe catcher. You guys are superior to Pakistan in training, fitness, preparation and lack of scandals, yet still got white washed.

Greg Chapell himself said when in charge of India that talent and skills > fitness. I was talking about the top 6. I would still go for Dhoni at 7 rather than Prior as I am not convinced Prior can play in all conditions. You saw with Dhoni he can bat aggressively, anchor an innings which is what you want at 7 for our team. Like Gilly.

Footwork is not necessary. Pretty much every English batsmen plays text book style and their stats are poorer than many Indian batsmen. Ian Chapell once said that with Viru the fact he keeps so still actually helps his hand/eye coordination. If reflexes slow down, that is another matter.

But harping on about footwork and fitness is why your team may return to the days of the 90's. There is a lack of talent in England but this obsession with traditional and orthodox players is silly.
    Last edited by ViruTheBest; 29-10-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Even England did better than that in the UAE and Sri Lanka. Well they got past 300 twice (IIRC) but it was in 10 innings.

And FTR, there's no way I would consider England's batting better than India's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Thread Information