Page 206 of 675 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    harby in place for zaheer if the pitch is as slow and low?
    Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but no regardless.

And just a general comment, the rest of the test venues will be much more conventional spin rather than slow and low of this pitch, I expect England to do much much better in the rest of the series, especially at Eden Gardens which is true flat deck.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    And just a general comment, the rest of the test venues will be much more conventional spin rather than slow and low of this pitch, I expect England to do much much better in the rest of the series, especially at Eden Gardens which is true flat deck.
    I don't. Our only hope is to win a toss and have another Cook masterclass to give us a score and hope India crack under scoreboard pressure. Can't see anything but 4-0 even now.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but no regardless.

if there isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsmen batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
    Last edited by centurymaker; 18-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    if there's isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsman batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
    If there's not going to be any reverse swing? Wtf.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

if there's isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsman batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
    are you suggesting there wasn't any reverse swing on this deck? Because there was, its just that the pitch is so slow even the reverse is ineffective, or at least not as effective as one would hope.

And anyways unless they have changed the pitches massively for this series (which I don't think they have or should, or even if its possible) but Mumbai and Kolkota should be good batting pitches, and we'll have to bowl well to force a result. Nagpur is also a solid batting pitch, which is why I'm a little scared, not of losing a test match, but of draws because I can see a draw or two over the next 3 tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    As if we'll drop Ashwin. Best bowler in the first dig.
    Yes, He has just become the fastest Indian bowler to 50 wickets..and has not performed well in only this innings (not even the match). So talking about dropping him is ridiculous imo..Also, the only bowler in the squad who can bat a bit(not confident at all on Harby's batting)

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I don't. Our only hope is to win a toss and have another Cook masterclass to give us a score and hope India crack under scoreboard pressure. Can't see anything but 4-0 even now.
    I think we have seen just about enough in this second innings to suggest we might manage a little better than that, should be able to draw a couple I would have thought.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    if there isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsmen batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
    Almost all the grounds in india have good green cover now...infact i think this test had too much ball was not going to boundary that quickly....for reverse swing you need a rouhg pitch and players with good saliva...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    If there's not going to be any reverse swing? Wtf.
    if there isn't much reverse swing to affect anyone...

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I think we have seen just about enough in this second innings to suggest we might manage a little better than that, should be able to draw a couple I would have thought.
    All on Cook and Prior though, the others need to help. Yes, KP will have one test where he does well but you still think we are more likely to collapse in a heap than bat well.

Need to learn faster than we did in UAE anyway.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    are you suggesting there wasn't any reverse swing on this deck? Because there was, its just that the pitch is so slow even the reverse is ineffective, or at least not as effective as one would hope.

And anyways unless they have changed the pitches massively for this series (which I don't think they have or should, or even if its possible) but Mumbai and Kolkota should be good batting pitches, and we'll have to bowl well to force a result. Nagpur is also a solid batting pitch, which is why I'm a little scared, not of losing a test match, but of draws because I can see a draw or two over the next 3 tests.
    if dhoni hassome hold on these things you can be sure that the mubai and eden will trun more than they usally do

so you think the pitches won't be as slow, so reverse swing there won't be ineffective.

sorry
    Last edited by centurymaker; 18-11-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    if dhoni hassome hold on these things you can be sure that the mubai and eden will trun more than they usally do
    Doesn't work like that, you can't just make the pitch take more turn at will, I'm hoping Mumbai turns faster than last time when we played WI where it was pretty flat for about 4 days until day 5.

Eden gardens is a sure-shot road, and Nagpur also is a batting friendly wicket.

Another reason why I hate England's long tail is because you can't just close up an innings after getting a team to 6 or 7 down, so I would be most happy if England drop the likes of Broad and Bresnan.

State Vice-Captain
    Time's come to put Zaheer out to pasture. He isn't too incisive and cuts a sorry figure in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    All on Cook and Prior though, the others need to help. Yes, KP will have one test where he does well but you still think we are more likely to collapse in a heap than bat well.

Need to learn faster than we did in UAE anyway.
    Compton looks like he might be able to manage some runs, even if they are just really hard earned 50s it would be a help.

As you say KP is bound to play one outrageously good innings, need everything to fall into place then and we may even sneak a win.

Trott is becoming more of a worry, knew he had been struggling but averages 32 in his last 15 tests or something, had no idea it was that bad.

Thread Information