• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

smash84

The Tiger King
have been really impressed by the positive approach that England have taken this inning....can't really support all of the slog sweeping and all but some really good batting in b/w those

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thing is, I think how well Cook and KP played has meant the pitch hasn't looked as hard for batting as it actually is. It's really turning now, and anything above 100 in the 4th innings and I won't be that confident.
Add in Pujara for them as well. If he is hampered by ribs would it be a surprise to see them get under 200 in the 2nd innings? Scoreboard pressure and a few lacking form in there.

Stapel

International Regular
It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.

And it's not like someone is going to throw his head in the way, trying to stop a ball to take a catch.
I think the law is there to rule out a catch by simply picking the ball from the grill, after it got stuck in it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We probably need the lead into 3 figures before "scoreboard pressure" really becomes a thing. I'd certainly feel much safer at any rate. 68 just doesn't seem like much to shout about.

Edit: 400 is a nice, pat-on-the-back sort of number, though

flibbertyjibber

Yeah but we are already 68 in front with 4 wickets left and one of our best players is at the crease. No reason to think the lead won't grow over 100 and towards 150.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but we are already 68 in front with 4 wickets left and one of our best players is at the crease. No reason to think the lead won't grow over 100 and towards 150.
Your faith is touching, and I hope justified, but I can't help feeling that Prior is going to be left high and dry very soon

flibbertyjibber

Your faith is touching, and I hope justified, but I can't help feeling that Prior is going to be left high and dry very soon
Well the fact is even if we only bat 10 more overs the rate that Prior, Broad and Swann naturally score at will see us over 100 in front and that is without any big shots.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.

And it's not like someone is going to throw his head in the way, trying to stop a ball to take a catch.
:laugh:
--
So why exactly could the umpires only reverse the decision with Dhoni's approval? Pretty ****ed that.

Anyway, great stuff KP. Fantastic. And to think this time yesterday SS was reckoning we might drop him.

biased indian

International Coach
what kind of field is dhoni setting here. agreed they are ahead by 80+..but these 2 are new to the pitch and have some proper test match field and ..ffs bowl to a plan don't ball six different ball each over...

have feeling that we are not going to make more than 250 in the second inngs

Daemon

So, Indian fans, which seam bowler would you have played ahead of Harby? Is Praveen injured as well?
Praveen, but tbf I haven't seen him bowl after the injury. Maybe even Pankaj Singh. Deserves a chance to fail at least.

Howe_zat

Audio File
From the BBC

"Cut to KP on the England balcony. Face of thunder. Underwhelmed by his greeting on arrival back or did he just want a double? "

There are far more options than that afaic

> Anxious over the state of the match
> Mind occupied on tea/rugby/missus and isn't aware of face
> Holding in wind

etc etc