• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From reading that, it sounds as though a catch off the helmet is okay so long as you've "started" taking the catch before it hits the helmet. So you have to at least get a hand or arm or something to it first.

Anyway, it was out, look in t' book.

edit @ stapel
Disagree, it clearly states that if the ball has touched the helmet 'previously', i.e before the fielder has completed the catch by having complete control of the ball, it is not a fair catch.

flibbertyjibber

Out to SLA again. :ph34r:

been a brilliant innings. In a good position now, need a wag from the tail and a Prior special to ram it home.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bishen Singh Bedi is a oddball right now.

Has all kinds of weird opinions on most things, and thinks most of the bowlers chuck.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.

And it's not like someone is going to throw his head in the way, trying to stop a ball to take a catch.

Spikey

It's kind of a stupid rule anyways tbh. Should encourage more helmets rather than discouraging them.
if there's a cricketer out there who'll throw away the helmet at short leg or when batting because of an 1 in 100 million chance of it affecting a dismissal, that guy is a ****ing dumbarse

flibbertyjibber

How many do England need to feel save?
As I said before, depends how our spinners bowl. I reckon a 100 lead should be good enough 9 times out of 10 on here but obviously 150+ would be much much handier.

You would think on performance in the game so far that Swann and Monty would be similar to having Ojha at both ends which would be bloody hard for England. Been let off too easily by Harbhajan and Ashwin.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Thing is, I think how well Cook and KP played has meant the pitch hasn't looked as hard for batting as it actually is. It's really turning now, and anything above 100 in the 4th innings and I won't be that confident.