• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always likely to happen, Ojha been the pick of the bowlers so far. If we'd been offered this position at lunch before play started we'd have ripped your arm off.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
crap session for us, but that wicket gives a bit of confidence, a lead of more than 50-60 runs can be really damaging for India.

We gotta make sure KP doesn't damage us after lunch. If he decides to go on the offensive and attack...

smash84

The Tiger King
that last wicket would give India some confidence. If they can keep England b/w 350 to 400 from here it wouldn't be a bad effort

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
At least India now have no excuses in the second innings, can't believe everyone was giggling on about how 320 odd is an excellent score and all that crap. Time for the likes of GG, Kholi and Yuvraj to step up.

flibbertyjibber

Agree Contra. As far as we are concerned if KP bats another session then England will probably win as he will score so fast that the lead will be over 100 by then with more to add possibly. Patel will be hoping he isn't sawn off by the umpires for once when he comes out after lunch.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
btw whats this helmet grill thing cricinfo keeps going on about? Does it really matter if it hit the helmet?

flibbertyjibber

They just call it dead ball basically. It stops you getting out caught when you hit the short leg on the head and the keeper catches the rebound. Love the quirks in the rules of cricket. If it did hit Gambhir on the helmet it is yet another ****house decision in the series, but if it did then surely Bairstow will have seen it and told the umpires to check it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't really see the logic in that,do they really consider the ball hitting a helmet as ground the ball?
I think they argue that it bounces more off the helmet. So if you sweep it, it hits the short leg on the helmet and bounces in the air you can't get out. I guess it wouldn't bounce as much if it just hit the guy on the head!

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I find that rather lame, it's not out just because it's "more likely" to bounce more is dumb reasoning, it shouldn't be any different then when you catch of a player's hands,keeper's glove or boot or w/e else.

anyways I gotta get some sleep, hopefully we're in a decent position by the end of today.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
England has played really well his game. With Pietersen it is just a matter of time before he gets runs and hopefully that is it for this series. With Prior still to come do nt see this ending well for us.