• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All true. When I said earlier that our last 7 wickets could tumble for not many, it was because for some reason I thought we were three down. I meant our last 8, given the lack of experience / quality at 5 & 6. And I don't think we can rely on Prior too frequently. A better side would be aiming for and expecting a lead of 150+ from this position. Which you probably need on this pitch.
Would be a good chance for Samit Patel to shine tomorrow, given that England will not be under much pressure when he comes in (presumably). Prior always seems to come through, though, doesn't he, and looks quite comfortable too while batting. So England should get at least a slim lead, but I think it will not be more than 50-60 runs. I think this match is going to have a very close finish, with maybe England chasing around 250-odd on the 5th day. Boy, that will be interesting :D

grecian

Even though I disagree with Sunny and BCCI on this issue, scorning somebody's views just because they don't agree with you is valueless. And who is going to define who is 'decent' and who not in a country like India, where people come from such diverse economic, educational, cultural and social backgrounds? I didn't realize the Southern White faction in the US was an idiotic crowd which drowns out the decent voice inside the GOP, but of course they must be, because they disagree on almost everything with everybody else.

I scorn the views because as pointed out before they're contradictory. In my experience the decent Indian supporters can differentiate obvious spin, as can the decent Americans even in the Republican party. Not slagging off contradictory views just ones that are dogmatic and show no consistency, and certain people seem to follow them blindly. I don't believe they're the majority, just the most vocal.

TBH, I think that's exactly whats happening for the GOP nowadays, whilst they slaver for that Fox news view and ignore everyone else.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

I scorn the views because as pointed out before they're contradictory. In my experience the decent Indian supporters can differentiate obvious spin, as can the decent Americans even in the Republican party. Not slagging off contradictory views just ones that are dogmatic and show no consistency, and certain people seem to follow them blindly. I don't believe they're the majority, just the most vocal.

TBH, I think that's exactly whats happening for the GOP nowadays, whilst they slaver for that Fox news view and ignore everyone else.
I think I get what you are trying to say. I just have two things to say. First, for a man who has that particular Walt Whitman quote as his signature, you don't seem to be that much of a fan of people contradicting themselves :)

Secondly, I think that you seem to be missing a crucial point in that peoples views at any point of time are usually a product of their circumstances(not just present ones, but lifelong ones like education as well), and it is not stupid or morally bankrupt of them to not consider an opinion which, although factually correct, would hurt their personal situation in some ways (including their ego and personal faith/beliefs which they may have nurtured their entire lives).

Last edited:

grecian

I think I get what you are trying to say. I just have two things to say. First, for a man who has that particular Walt Whitman quote as his signature, you don't seem to be that much of a fan of people contradicting themselves :)

Secondly, I think that you seem to be missing a crucial point in that peoples views at any point of time are usually a product of their circumstances(not just present ones, but lifelong ones like education as well), and it is not stupid or morally bankrupt of them to not consider an opinion which, although factually correct, would hurt their personal situation in some ways (including their ego and personal faith/beliefs which they may have nurtured their entire lives).
If people contradict themselves because that's life, fair enough, but if you do it for a clear agenda, of other peoples views, I choose to judge it. TBH the beauty of that quote though, is no-one can catch me on my many split personalities.

Basically slagging off the review system, then using the actual cameras that would be part of a review system to slag off decisions is rich, and just goes to show they actually think it's a good idea, but they have to talk up reasons against it, because of their allegiances. There's no crucial point here, if they don't care for video evidence they should just say the ump made the decision and he was right to do so, as we've said 1000s of times when slagging off the review system.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni could have asked Umesh Yadav to bowl off spin instead of replacing him with Harbhajan Singh #IndvsEng

:laugh:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
This is gonna be an important session, don't think India will take the new ball when it comes available, was Zak getting any reverse swing towards the end of the days play?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** off cook, it was great in the last match because we were still winning but it's annoying as hell now.