Cricket Player Manager
Page 186 of 675 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 10122

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hard to know what to make of Sammy, really. Think he gets another go mainly because he's been sawn off twice.

Although admittedly he was probably out in his first knock before he was given out wrongly.

Bairstow in for Bell and Monty in for Bres would be the way I'd go.
    Just adding my agreement to FJ's. Almost beyond debate, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    It is very upsetting to me that India cannot bowl out England twice. I think Dhoni has been poor not to bowl Yuvraj more. I am very close to losing all support of this team.
    What the?
    Yuvraj has bowled pus Everytime he got the ball.

Out of all the times in the last two years to e angry at this Indian team now is not one of those times.

Dhoni must go though. Keeping has fallen away badly enough where his value is only the fact no one else is a suitable captain yet.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Hard to know what to make of Sammy, really. Think he gets another go mainly because he's been sawn off twice.

Although admittedly he was probably out in his first knock before he was given out wrongly.

Ganguly noted that he has a technical flaw of playing with your feet over the line of the ball as opposed to inside the line. One works better in England, the other works better in the subcontinent. It basically means even though he was unlucky with the decision it was only a matter of time until someone got him lbw.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Was it a mistake to take the second new ball when the old one was reversing?

Yeah, fully agree. I'm not a big fan of Patel but Morgan is a no-no in general and moving Compton back down into the middle order for the rest of this tour and then moving him back up when Bell is available again seems needlessly complicated for a player in his first series, so that means no to Root as well. Bresnan at seven would be a more serious option if he was actually adding something with the ball too; as it stands he can't play the second Test, so the team picks itself from there.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Dhoni must go though. Keeping has fallen away badly enough where his value is only the fact no one else is a suitable captain yet.
    His keeping was bound to suffer with the ridiculous amount of matches he plays in all formats.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Being serious would it be Gambhir who may get the captaincy next or would Sehwag get it as basically the rest aren't established test players yet so you couldn't thrust the job on them. I suppose the ideal scenario is Dhoni clings on with a few home series wins for a year or so and you wait for whichever new player is right for the job be it Kohli, Pujara or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Being serious would it be Gambhir who may get the captaincy next or would Sehwag get it as basically the rest aren't established test players yet so you couldn't thrust the job on them. I suppose the ideal scenario is Dhoni clings on with a few home series wins for a year or so and you wait for whichever new player is right for the job be it Kohli, Pujara or someone else.
    If they actually had the balls to drop Dhoni from Tests I reckon they'd give Kohli the captaincy. Neither has a snowball's though.

Colly and Dravid are great.

When asked if England will take the game into a 5th day: "I have a flight booked tonight"

Rahul WAFG
    Suck it Rahul

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Suck it Rahul
    I know that you're not 100% serious, but Rahul's such a gent I can forgive him anything.

As for Colly, there's another guy out out there or involved with the team who'd improve us immeasurably even at his current age.

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If they actually had the balls to drop Dhoni from Tests I reckon they'd give Kohli the captaincy. Neither has a snowball's though.
    I don't think they need any great amount of 'balls' to drop Dhoni at this point. He doesn't have anywhere near as much public support as he did say, after the World cup.

Cookie Monster epic
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Win or draw tomorrow does anyone think India might change their bowling attack for the next test. Been in the field a long time now and back to back tests doesn't leave much recovery time. Imagine if England won the toss for the 2nd test and were still batting at lunch on day 2, be some very weary bowlers then.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Cook. WAG. Told you from the first time I saw him - the kid's going to break some records.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Win or draw tomorrow does anyone think India might change their bowling attack for the next test. Been in the field a long time now and back to back tests doesn't leave much recovery time. Imagine if England won the toss for the 2nd test and were still batting at lunch on day 2, be some very weary bowlers then.
    Interesting question.

Ojha and Ashwin have bowled an incredible amount of overs without a major break. Ashwin's bowling has lost plenty of zip; suggesting he has fatigued. Being spinners I'd expect them to recover.

The role of Yuvraj needs to be questioned. His recall was based partially on all-round ability, however he has been underbowled and looked poor when given a bowl.

Thread Information