• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But they're likely to bowl the odd bad delivery, short and wide to Cook, so you might as well have someone out there. It means every bad ball bowled is only 1 instead of 4.
Doing it when they are 300 behind and it is the start of the innings makes little sense. Keep the men up and the pressure on. Ok drop them back if a guy is set by all means but try and pressurise a guy, especially an accumulator like Cook who won't be fussed if it is 1 or 4.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harbhajan just **** off.

Both Harbhajan and Yuvraj in the test team, really distressing stuff.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Urgh, this isn't looking good for India. I hate how **** we can be, even in home conditions.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Urgh, this isn't looking good for India. I hate how **** we can be, even in home conditions.
It may look that way, but then you see who's left to bat for England after these two. You can easily see the last 7 wickets falling for not very many at all.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
But they're likely to bowl the odd bad delivery, short and wide to Cook, so you might as well have someone out there. It means every bad ball bowled is only 1 instead of 4.
Doing it when they are 300 behind and it is the start of the innings makes little sense. Keep the men up and the pressure on. Ok drop them back if a guy is set by all means but try and pressurise a guy, especially an accumulator like Cook who won't be fussed if it is 1 or 4.
It's a lot easier to talk about aggressive fields from the comfort of your front room than it is to set them when you're out there watching the scoreboard tick over. It's difficult to put it into words, but the momentum that batting sides get from hitting boundaries, particularly at low-scoring levels, is massive, and as long as you're not haemorrhaging runs every ball, you keep a lid on proceedings and then, when you get the wicket, you're right back in the game.

That's one of the joys of cricket though, isn't it? Nine fielders is never enough...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The ball just there is a good example of what I mean. Ashwin is bowling a really good spell then just drops one ball short and wide for Cook to cut. But because the man is out it's only one not four and they haven't lost momentum.

I'd certainly rather point was up saving a single.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are you going to come here and make poor posts and then disappear? You did it during the first test which we won and are still doing it here when India are playing fine. England are batting well and yet India have got 2-3 edges this partnership.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you going to come here and make poor posts and then disappear? You did it during the first test which we won and are still doing it here when India are playing fine. England are batting well and yet India have got 2-3 edges this partnership.
I made one post in the last Test, IIRC. Calm down, can I not just vent my feelings on this forum. I'm quite busy and get annoyed when I see the scorecard and it isn't on course for a full revenge of the series over in England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I made one post in the last Test, IIRC. Calm down, can I not just vent my feelings on this forum. I'm quite busy and get annoyed when I see the scorecard and it isn't on course for a full revenge of the series over in England.
Yeah and that first post sucked :ph34r:

India will win 4-0, just chill out. Can't dominate every session of every test.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Gautam please!