Page 18 of 675 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    One of my most vivid dreams when I was younger was me opening for England with various dead rock stars at the other end, Morrison and Bolan got out quickly, but Hendrix played some great attacking shots with his axe.
    No need to go into your other 'vivid dreams'...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Grecian will be old enough to remember this.

You'll note the second Septic goal was scored by the lead singer of The Spin Doctors. Just to show how easy and effortless their mastery over us is.
    Would you say the English defence invited him to go ahead now?

Your post actually got me to go listen to the song again, via youtube.
    Spin Doctors - Two Princes - YouTube
    The 90s, yum. Always thought the lead singer looked like Rod Quantock, he of Captain Snooze/Australian comedian fame.
    Last edited by vic_orthdox; 28-10-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Would you say the English defence invited him to go ahead now?

Your post actually got me to go listen to the song again, via youtube.
    Spin Doctors - Two Princes - YouTube
    The 90s, yum. Always thought the lead singer looked like Rod Quantock, he of Captain Snooze/Australian comedian fame.
    Lol. *groan*
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Oh yeah,I did not mean to compare it from a cultural POV obviously. Just from a cricketing sense, where a boast of 'we will absolutely smash them' might go completely egg-on-face.
    I understood what you meant. I was making the point that he hasn't said anything like "We'll smash them" in that interview - or even that we'll definitely win the series.

Banned

Green tops for England

tactical genius here from the BCCI.

In an attempt to make England feel completely at home, the Board of Control for Cricket in India is going that extra step. First, they decided to have no spinners play in the India ‘A’ team and now it seems that the curators have been instructed to prepare green tops for all the practice games.

Sources in the BCCI told the Indian Express that all the three matches will be played on green tops. Around a week ago, chief curator Daljit Singh was instructed to prepare pacer friendly tracks.

The Cricket club of India, which will host the first game, has always had the reputation of being a track that gives generous assistance to the seamers.
    DY Patil stadium, which will host the second warm-up game, will also get the express treatment. Abey Kuruvilla, cricket-in-charge, told the Indian Express, “It will be a good cricketing wicket which will have grass and bounce on it. The pitch will certainly help pacers more but any batsman who manages to stick around can score runs.”

The third warm-up game will be played at Ahmedabad’s Motera B ground against the Board President’s XI.

But the reasoning given by the BCCI for the green tops is that they want to test out their own batsmen in tough conditions.

“England has a quality pace attack and we want to exploit it,” they said.

Exploit it to India’s advantage that is.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar

For once, I'm actually liking what the BCCI's doing here. The perfect treatment. Would love to see their players and former players whinge some more.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 28-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Considering what the Indian players, board and fans seem to think green tops are, I'm expecting 3 dust bowls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Considering what the Indian players, board and fans seem to think green tops are, I'm expecting 3 dust bowls.
    Imagine the look on their faces when we produce a proper green top next time they tour here.

Banned
    I am a member on other forums but thought it would be a great time to join this one right now with the england series around the corner. So hi to all!

Anything less than 3-0 to us will be disappointing. The way you guys played v Pak and even SL shows how hopeless you are once you're on an unfamiliar pitch.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Well, at least there's one thing that makes us similar....
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 28-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I would ****ing love it if we beat them.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Prepare green tops for visitors having proven totally incapable of producing one thus far. Can't see it been the Indian Trent Bridge.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Prepare green tops for visitors having proven totally incapable of producing one thus far. Can't see it been the Indian Trent Bridge.
    You can import pitches. I remember in the Nagpur test India V Aus, a green top was prepared due to a disagreement between Ganguly and the board. Ganguly pulled out citing injury but it was a green top for sure. Aus bowlers said as much. It was a low scoring game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViruTheBest View Post
    You can import pitches. I remember in the Nagpur test India V Aus, a green top was prepared due to a disagreement between Ganguly and the board. Ganguly pulled out citing injury but it was a green top for sure. Aus bowlers said as much. It was a low scoring game.
    It wasn't a green top, it just had some grass on it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    Kohli's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed if he thinks the Poms deliberately gave India flat pitches in the warm ups last summer. Having said that, they did play a pathetic side in the tour game and also disallowed Monty from bowling to Tendu in the nets. Michael Vaughan likes trolling on twitter. He's lost the right to say anything against anyone after the murray mints fiasco.
    Spot on about the mints. In 50 years time it will rival Bodyline, Underarm and India having once been ranked the top test country as enduring cricket scandals.

Thread Information