• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So after Pujara plays his heart out for an entire day for his hundred, ashwin saunters in and whips up a quick half century.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To people who've seen most of the day:

How lively is the pitch? How likely is a draw?
You'd best wait to watch a bit of England's innings first before putting any money on it. I don't see India losing though.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
furst day pitch on Indian soil with half the home side whittled out by spinners. 260 on the board. 3 spinners in our ranks. It would take literally the greatest performance by a visiting side for Eng to take this. They'd deserve it too if they did.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
furst day pitch on Indian soil with half the home side whittled out by spinners. 260 on the board. 3 spinners in our ranks. It would take literally the greatest performance by a visiting side for Eng to take this. They'd deserve it too if they did.
They knock us off quickly tomorrow and it's very much game on. Cook could quite easily do a Pujara for them given the form he's in. This will be a tight game methinks.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
They knock us off quickly tomorrow and it's very much game on. Cook could quite easily do a Pujara for them given the form he's in. This will be a tight game methinks.
Yes. Spinners are often bludgeoned by a good partnership in a way that pacers can sometimes more often overcome. I think that although there is a chance Harbhajan will do well, selecting Ishant Sharma would have been a better option. Personally, I would have gone with Pankaj Singh over Sharma (and Dinda who is in the squad) but that's just me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
You'd best wait to watch a bit of England's innings first before putting any money on it. I don't see India losing though.
I bought heavily on India at 1.9 last night and hedged an England win at 5.5 some time ago at about 240/6.

Thinking a draw isn't particularly likely.

Last edited: