• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Ruckus

International Captain
He was left stranded in Perth.
Yeah as Zizu said, I think the knock at Perth was more indicative of his potential ability outside the SC, but nevertheless I don't think it was definitive. I think he will do well, or at least better, than some of the others outside of the SC, but he still has a lot of runs he needs to make in order to prove that assumption right.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
have we actually talked about broad being vice captain? like, it seems matt prior was the man to pick. exp'd keeper, very very safe spot, 'good guy' etc. know broad is the t20 captain, but this ain't t20 cricket

and he's a bowler

Howe_zat

Audio File
have we actually talked about broad being vice captain? like, it seems matt prior was the man to pick. exp'd keeper, very very safe spot, 'good guy' etc. know broad is the t20 captain, but this ain't t20 cricket

and he's a bowler
Because the vice captaincy position is code for next captain. If Prior or whoever has input on the field they will give it anyway so it doesn't really matter. Giving Broad the vice captaincy and T20 captaincy is their way of telling him he's their golden boy, though whether or not that's a good idea is another debate.

And ftr Cook will not get injured, he is a reptilian

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because the vice captaincy position is code for next captain. If Prior or whoever has input on the field they will give it anyway so it doesn't really matter. Giving Broad the vice captaincy and T20 captaincy is their way of telling him he's their golden boy, though whether or not that's a good idea is another debate.

And ftr Cook will not get injured, he is a reptilian
So true, will be captain forever.

If Finn is out then Panesar in for Bresnan is inevitable and the rest of the bowling to stay the same.

I think they should play Root instead of Patel and bat him at 6 but I think it is very unlikely, a lot of support for Morgan in the press the last day or two which I find a little strange.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
A lot of hte press are somewhat moronic it has to be said.

Usually with them comes down to a lot of hindsight smugness and drop X because his figures aren't good.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morgan is a media friendly sort of player as well I suppose but almost no mention of Root when they were discussing teams yesterday.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Stealing that one.

I think Kohli's twin 50's in Perth were a greater performance than his Adelaide ton. Much tougher track etc...