Page 16 of 675 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    Great to see our star player not pulling any punches ahead of this series
    Sigh. Affront to intelligence tbh.

Not the wisest move to troll the opposition bowlers when you've done SFA in your test career as well, but then again it's Kohli.

Hope this does not turn into "We intend to make them grovel" mark II.
    Last edited by Teja.; 27-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Hope this does not turn into "We intend to make them grovel" mark II.
    He hasn't said anything like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    He hasn't said anything like that though.
    Oh yeah,I did not mean to compare it from a cultural POV obviously. Just from a cricketing sense, where a boast of 'we will absolutely smash them' might go completely egg-on-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    So surely that makes England's thrashing of them a greater achievement than you earlier portrayed it to be?

And the Indian injury issues are very overplayed IMO. None of the players who were injured that tour have shown me anything since to make me feel that they would have changed the scoreline of the series, and the players who did play some of the series, but missed other parts such as Sehwag, Harbhajan and Gambhir did terribly when they played.

Also no one ever seems to mention that India's best bowler in the India series missed the Australian one through injury.
    Uh, Zaheer was looking pretty threatening in his few overs before he pulled up lame.

Was always going to be more effective in England than Australia too. Praveen might've played in Australia and probably been better than those players picked, but would hardly have been surprising if Fletcher didn't pick him in Australia, with his fetish for pace. The fact he hasn't come close to the side even after being fit indicates as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I can't quite put a finger on why but it is an amazing feeling to love a much-hated cricket team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha yep.

Personified most by:
    Haha a day or two after I make this post Kohli comes out and makes these comments.

WAG.

Will post an enlarged version of that picture with:

"I am become death; the destroyer of worlds" Verse 2, Chapter 11, The Bhagvad Gita

the numerous times Kohli shall ton up in this series.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    oh and more evidence of class act kohli tbh, fibbertyflopperty
    I was on about as a batsman in the middle novelocity but you can twist it how you like, just shows a lack of intelligence.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Sigh. Kinda sucks being an Indian fan atm. Our board is ****ing ********, 75% of our players are absolute douchebags, we're represented in the commentators box by complete ***** and to top it all off we have the infamous fanboys.
    C'd?

C'd.

U19 12th Man
    englands main problem is lack of balance, if they play 5 bowlers the tail is too long, 3 seamers and one spinner not really an option plus i dont like anderson and broad plus 2 spinners. samit patel is not a test standard player and should not be there.so perhaps anderson finn swann and panesar would be my pick, shame broads batting hasn't developed as the best attack would include him plus the four above with prior batting 6.

Banned
    Look a big deal has been made of this hasnt it? The fact is England are a B grade team against quality spin in Asia.

This is not a case of us being analysts or looking over our shoulder and comparing apples as it were. This series is all about us, as long as we execute our skills and play to our best, then it does not matter which 11 England put on the park, we will win.

hey its haddin's indian cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Uh, Zaheer was looking pretty threatening in his few overs before he pulled up lame.

Was always going to be more effective in England than Australia too. Praveen might've played in Australia and probably been better than those players picked, but would hardly have been surprising if Fletcher didn't pick him in Australia, with his fetish for pace. The fact he hasn't come close to the side even after being fit indicates as much.
    He also bowled in arguably the most favourable conditions for bowling in the series. Don't get me wrong, I think he would have done reasonably well, but considering the margins of victory and the poor performance of India's batting and spin bowling, I don't think it would have effected the series scoreline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    Look a big deal has been made of this hasnt it? The fact is England are a B grade team against quality spin in Asia.

This is not a case of us being analysts or looking over our shoulder and comparing apples as it were. This series is all about us, as long as we execute our skills and play to our best, then it does not matter which 11 England put on the park, we will win.
    The fact is, that's irrelevant. What has England's quality against spin got to do with wether the pitches in England and Australia were "green tops" or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Besides, it's not as if "Zaheer getting injured" is exactly a rare, out-of-the-blue occurrence.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    He also bowled in arguably the most favourable conditions for bowling in the series. Don't get me wrong, I think he would have done reasonably well, but considering the margins of victory and the poor performance of India's batting and spin bowling, I don't think it would have effected the series scoreline.
    The crux of the matter for me, and I've said it before, is that it doesn't matter. Zaheer getting injured wasn't a freak occurrence, totally out of character unlikely to repeat itself. He gets injured all the time because he's unfit and the wrong side of 30. In fact, him only playing one Test is something I (and some others) specifically predicted. His fitness or lack thereof is a factor in determining how useful a cricketer he really is and therefore how good India are. If he didn't get injured you would have had to say England were unlucky.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Besides, it's not as if "Zaheer getting injured" is exactly a rare, out-of-the-blue occurrence.
    GAGF Spark.

Thread Information