Page 15 of 675 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumbinfront View Post
    I will be unpopular for saying this, but this English team is the most overrated team in recent times. Apart from beating an Australian side beleaguered with problems and an injury hit Indian side (who are traditionally crap travellers anyway), what have they done? Lost to WI in early 2009 (WI!), lost to a bottom ranked Pakistan side 3-0 and even managed to lose a test to Sri Lanka post Murali. We are definitely a much more deserving number 1 and our tussle with the crims should be make for much better viewing. Aside from the horrible Ashes loss, Australia haven't lagged behind anywhere/ On the contrary, they beat SL in SL on rank turners and demolished a full strength Indian side at home.

I agree with you mate, we were poor away last year no doubt about that, you totally deserve the number 1 ranking, England are over hyped we looked closer at the results as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohli_fan View Post
    I agree with you mate, we were poor away last year no doubt about that, you totally deserve the number 1 ranking, England are over hyped we looked closer at the results as you have.
    Ahh, well we all know you people with failing sight need to look closer at all things, so fair play, but just make sure to keep kitchen roll close, or maybe a durable sock
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Kohli's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed if he thinks the Poms deliberately gave India flat pitches in the warm ups last summer. Having said that, they did play a pathetic side in the tour game and also disallowed Monty from bowling to Tendu in the nets. Michael Vaughan likes trolling on twitter. He's lost the right to say anything against anyone after the murray mints fiasco.
    haha wtf are you talking about out. First ECB don't select the Somerset team. Second it was a strong Somerset team. Third I'm sure the BCCI will allow Harbhajan to bowl at our guys in the nets... not. Vaughan is a troll but all the english press get fearful abuse from a lot of indians on twitter and although his trolling is pretty stupid and incendiary it's nothing compared to the abuse he gets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Ahh, well we all know you people with failing sight need to look closer at all things, so fair play, but just make sure to keep kitchen roll close, or maybe a durable sock
    Yeah look mate I am here to talk cricket not about some weird fetish that you seem to have about kitchens and rolls,

Look England have had their arse kicked in India so many times it is not even funny! We certainly will be going all out to give England an absolute whipping this tour no doubt about that

Yeah look mate I am here to talk cricket not about some weird fetish that you seem to have about kitchens and rolls,

Look England have had their arse kicked in India so many times it is not even funny! We certainly will be going all out to give England an absolute whipping this tour no doubt about that

Oh thank gawd you keep talking about whipping

I'm so close.....

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Lol at Kohli thinking the pitches in England were greentops. Expect Dhoni told him that so he didn't get too depressed

From what I recall they were fairly sporting, even flat decks for England. Virat's never played on a 'greentop'
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 27-10-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar

no english fan here is disputing that england are probably going to get thrashed. It's a transistion period for England in a place where they've historically struggled in the conditions. fortunately india are in a similar transistion period and have their own problems- even so they should easily be good enough to beat this England team. If India win the first test the likely scenario is a 4-0 win for india but i am slightly more optimistic about englands fortunes that a few months ago due to the poor form of the indian batsmen. England's problems are as much mental as technical against spin. If somehow England could get a result out of the first match of the series then England would gain immense confidence and the press and fans would get on the back of the indian team and England may be able to take a draw out of the series.

least england are doing their best to prepare for the tour by getting to india early and playing lots of tour maches. India's tactic of playing one 3 day warmup was testament to their lack of respect for England and test cricket. England most likely due to their frailties against spin will lose the series easily but least they've given the series the respect it deserves and prepared as well as they could. India on the other hand had terrible preparation for England and then seemed to blame the result on the conditions rather than a lack of preparation.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Yeah look mate if you look back at those games last year the decks were flat in the warm up games and veyr green come the test,
    So what does that say about the India batting line up that got reduced to 140-9 by an average Somerset attack (sorry grecian)?

It seems in this statement, Kohli has managed to insult both the Indian batsmen who did terribly on a road, and the Indian bowlers who conceded a 700 plus score on a green top. Considering that, I don't see how you can view what he said as a positive thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    The phrase "When you are in a hole stop digging" comes to mind here.

You will be playing us on rank turners there is no doubt about that, frankly after what happened last year we are all on board to give England an absolute whipping to be quite honest.
    referring to the quotes from Kohli and his attitude, not the poster's thinly veiled trolling, it's more evidence that the Indian team and management just can't cop a hiding on the chin. India got flogged away twice, it was nobody's fault but the Indian team. Throwing toys out of the cot a year later is not going to bring the dual thrashings back, sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

oh and more evidence of class act kohli tbh, fibbertyflopperty

I will be unpopular for saying this, but this English team is the most overrated team in recent times. Apart from beating an Australian side beleaguered with problems and an injury hit Indian side (who are traditionally crap travellers anyway), what have they done? Lost to WI in early 2009 (WI!), lost to a bottom ranked Pakistan side 3-0 and even managed to lose a test to Sri Lanka post Murali. We are definitely a much more deserving number 1 and our tussle with the crims should be make for much better viewing. Aside from the horrible Ashes loss, Australia haven't lagged behind anywhere/ On the contrary, they beat SL in SL on rank turners and demolished a full strength Indian side at home.
    So surely that makes England's thrashing of them a greater achievement than you earlier portrayed it to be?

And the Indian injury issues are very overplayed IMO. None of the players who were injured that tour have shown me anything since to make me feel that they would have changed the scoreline of the series, and the players who did play some of the series, but missed other parts such as Sehwag, Harbhajan and Gambhir did terribly when they played.

Also no one ever seems to mention that India's best bowler in the India series missed the Australian one through injury.

If England actually beat India I'm not sure which I'd enjoy most, England winning or India losing.

Somewhat unlikely obviously, but you have to dare to dream.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

The latter obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Lol at Kohli thinking the pitches in England were greentops. Expect Dhoni told him that so he didn't get too depressed

From what I recall they were fairly sporting, even flat decks for England. Virat's never played on a 'greentop'
    Look clearly they were those dastardly kind of pitches you see around these days which flattened out when England were batting and unflattened for the Indians.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Thread Information