• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't with my savings but retirement plan from work forces you to pick from a few mutual funds.
Ahhh I see, that makes sense. Especially since the last time I spoke to you, you were strongly against the dozens of "Wall Street aspirants that litter the halls of academia."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There is zero chance of an England declaration tomorrow. Saving the game is all that matters and if that means batting the full day out and grinding the Indians into the dirt then so be it. Won't happen though as you can't expect Cook to go on again tomorrow and once he goes we will collapse I reckon.
Nah, not zero. If England are about 250 ahead with 25 overs left I can see the plug being pulled to give India a few sticky moments for the psychological points scoring.

What is a zero chance is a closure that will give India even a faint sniff.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazingly good effort from Cook, Prior and Compton. AS I pointed out earlier, these 3 along with Samit look a lot more comfy against spin than the rest of the line up.

Obviously the pitch being as slow as this is a big help as well when it comes playing spin. Another of those decks where it is possible to hang in and defend but very hard to score quickly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Some more reasons England could win:

1. Gambhir went home, so that's one less wicket England have to take
  2. Sehwag never does anything in the second innings, so that's two down
  3. Pujara scored a double, which makes him unlikely to do much again - twice in a row is very rare, 1/2 of a wicket
  4. Tendulkar's eyes are gone, another 1/2 of a wicket
  5. Yuvraj...enough said
  6. Dhoni - see Sehwag
  7. Ashwin - could bat
  8. Tail - one wicket between them really

So really, England only need to take three wickets to win the match, which is reasonable with the best spinner in the world on a wearing pitch.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

3. Pujara scored a double, which makes him unlikely to do much again - twice in a row is very rare, 1/2 of a wicket
  5. Yuvraj...enough said
  6. Dhoni - see Sehwag
  7. Ashwin - could bat

So really, England only need to take three wickets to win the match, which is reasonable with the best spinner in the world on a wearing pitch.
:laugh: That really is superb.

Taking pessimism to the heights that GIMH has done with optimism.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, not zero. If England are about 250 ahead with 25 overs left I can see the plug being pulled to give India a few sticky moments for the psychological points scoring.

What is a zero chance is a closure that will give India even a faint sniff.
Na, i'd keep them out in the field longer. Bet Tendulkar is stiff when he wakes up in the morning, he is an old man after all.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

5. Yuvraj...enough said
  6. Dhoni - see Sehwag
  7. Ashwin - could bat

:laugh:

Beats GF's Watto post in making me laugh.

Howe_zat

Audio File

5. Yuvraj...enough said
  6. Dhoni - see Sehwag
  7. Ashwin - could bat
Swann took five in the first innings so he'll only be half a bowler

5. Yuvraj...enough said
  6. Dhoni - see Sehwag
  7. Ashwin - could bat

Is Kohli part of the tail :p

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
No but we think Jono's likely to kidnap him between now and 4am.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though we need runs on the board before we're even safe.

Woodster

International Captain
Cannot even contemplate the slight possibility of an England declaration, it is so far away. Just one wicket for India and they'll fancy their chances of getting through us pretty quickly. Cook has been outstanding, and it will once again be down to him tomorrow to somehow guide his team to some semblance of safety along with Matty P. Hopefully another absorbing day in prospect,can't wait.

grecian

Oh stahp it, if England win this match, I'll put up an avatar of something Plymouth Argyle related, not happening.

grecian

for the next test panesar for bresnan, bairstow for patel and finn or meaker for broad and ian bell needs to start and shape.
Yeah, as pointed out Bell is on maternity leave. Onions should be the seamer brought in, if anyone. he's fit after all. If you go in with two seamers can't have an injury worry. Oh and Meaker's ****.

But yeah, bres needs to go, and Monty needs to be in.