• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think I'd go as far to say that silentstriker is not only pessimistic but in fact biased towards pessimism. It's gone beyond Gambhiring or even just a natural life outlook; he's biased towards whatever he doesn't want to happen. Weird as that sounds.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think I'd go as far to say that silentstriker is not only pessimistic but in fact biased towards pessimism. It's gone beyond Gambhiring or even just a natural life outlook; he's biased towards whatever he doesn't want to happen. Weird as that sounds.

Haha, tbf, I think that's true. I always expect the worst. Costs me some $$ when investing too. I don't look at my mutual funds anymore except once a year. I kept on taking them out whenever one of them had a big year because "well it HAS to go down next year".

Howe_zat

Audio File
Weren't India much further ahead at the end of the 4th day in Kolkata?

Just not enough runs for a win to happen here. Draw's an okay bet though.

India have been very stupid in their refusal to use DRS but that should not mask the woeful umpiring. If a tight rope walker, after refusing to have a safety net for reasons known only to him, falls down because the rope is of poor quality then that is a valid cause for concern. That he was thick headed enough to refuse the safety net shouldn't mask the fact that the rope was of poor quality. India have only their board to blame if they lose this....Cook is on his fourth chance in this match....Patel was wrongly reprieved before wrongly being given out in the first dig and Prior has had plumb lbws go his way in both innings. Also interesting that all of Dar's wrong decisions have gone against India and the most of Tony Hill's errors have been in India's favour. I am sure it is a mere coincidence and hopefully the asinine media will see it that way.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
if useless dhoni starts setting shocking defensive fields again, i'll really hope that it ends in a draw!!

would dhoni get dropped if india lost this series?

i don;t know what to make of cook overall. at times its impossible to dismiss him and at others times you see him struggling against bowlers as rubbish as 'ishant sharma'
maybe his game so heavily based on mental aspects like solid concentration and application that even when he's 20% off his game, he has a hard time...?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England have absolutely no chance of winning. Prior and Cook are going to start cautiously tomorrow, so even if they bat the whole session I can't seem them getting more than 90 runs maximum. Even after Lunch a 100 lead with the last two batsmen at the crease and two sessions to go, they're not at safety, so they'll have to play cautiously again. The only chance they have of winning IMO, is if they get bowled out. Because they're not going to come out all guns blazing with the bat tomorrow and make a bold declaration.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India have been very stupid in their refusal to use DRS but that should not mask the woeful umpiring. If a tight rope walker, after refusing to have a safety net for reasons known only to him, falls down because the rope is of poor quality then that is a valid cause for concern. That he was thick headed enough to refuse the safety net shouldn't mask the fact that the rope was of poor quality. India have only their board to blame if they lose this....Cook is on his fourth chance in this match....Patel was wrongly reprieved before wrongly being given out in the first dig and Prior has had plumb lbws go his way in both innings. Also interesting that all of Dar's wrong decisions have gone against India and the most of Tony Hill's errors have been in India's favour. I am sure it is a mere coincidence and hopefully the asinine media will see it that way.
yea pakistan's aleem dar's decisions have gone against india. :laugh:
if india don't win, then i'm sure this point will be raised for sure...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, tbf, I think that's true. I always expect the worst. Costs me some $$ when investing too. I don't look at my mutual funds anymore except once a year. I kept on taking them out whenever one of them had a big year because "well it HAS to go down next year".
Should not be investing in mutual funds in the first place.

Satyanash89

Banned
Weren't India much further ahead at the end of the 4th day in Kolkata?

Just not enough runs for a win to happen here. Draw's an okay bet though.
Yeah it was over 300... and barring a collapse of gargantuous proportions, theres little chance of a win... but strangely i have a sadistic desire for dhoni to lose this match...
**** batsman
**** keeper
**** captain
**** attitude for confronting the umpire about an iffy decision

All these attributes were on show on day 3 and 4 and i just want him to be humiliated.
Hope the umpires continue to be awful and cost India the match. Maybe thatll knock some sense into the BCCI's thick skulls. Wouldnt be surprised if Dar underperformed intentionally to achieve this... "greater good" and all :ph34r: coz i just cant believe Dar being so poor

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Can see England making a brave declaration at some point tomorrow. Then all Indian fans (including me) will pin our hopes on a Sehwag special, who obviously will fail to deliver in the 2nd innings after a quick 20 odd runs. Then after losing another few quick wickets against Swann, as we try to accelerate, we'll eventually end up playing for a draw.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah it was over 300... and barring a collapse of gargantuous proportions, theres little chance of a win... but strangely i have a sadistic desire for dhoni to lose this match...
**** batsman
**** keeper
**** captain
**** attitude for confronting the umpire about an iffy decision

All these attributes were on show on day 3 and 4 and i just want him to be humiliated.
Hope the umpires continue to be awful and cost India the match. Maybe thatll knock some sense into the BCCI's thick skulls. Wouldnt be surprised if Dar underperformed intentionally to achieve this... "greater good" and all :ph34r: coz i just cant believe Dar being so poor
:laugh:

awt statement though. Hard to believe Dar has been so poor in this match. Maybe now that his competition (Taufel) has retired he feels comfy

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Can see England making a brave declaration at some point tomorrow. Then all Indian fans (including me) will pin our hopes on a Sehwag special, who obviously will fail to deliver in the 2nd innings after a quick 20 odd runs. Then after losing another few quick wickets against Swann, as we try to accelerate, we'll eventually end up playing for a draw.
Last time we set a declaration in India it went kind of **** up for us remember? :dry:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is zero chance of an England declaration tomorrow. Saving the game is all that matters and if that means batting the full day out and grinding the Indians into the dirt then so be it. Won't happen though as you can't expect Cook to go on again tomorrow and once he goes we will collapse I reckon.