• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sky comms have suggested that when a certain "senior batsman" retires the BCCI might change its mind.
Probably true. Sachin has been a vocal opponent of it. Probably had quite a bit to do with BCCI's stance. BCCI are ruthless towards people they deem to be unloyal but they back insiders pretty well unless they jeopardize their primary mission ($$). Sachin has made them a lot of money and has been pretty quiet on all political issues, both of which make the BCCI very happy.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Probably true. Sachin has been a vocal opponent of it. Probably had quite a bit to do with BCCI's stance. BCCI are ruthless towards people they deem to be unloyal but they back insiders pretty well unless they jeopardize their primary mission ($$). Sachin has made them a lot of money and has been pretty quiet on all political issues, both of which make the BCCI very happy.
Very sad to hear of this if true. Tendulkar should be above such pettiness.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
bleh, I had a feeling that enforcing the follow on was probably not the best idea.

whats with the third session not producing wickets!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The fact that I hope England save this game despite the fact that my wallet will cop an absolutely hammering if they do says something, I'm just not sure what. I've either finally become a genuine England fan or I now dislike the BCCI to a point of my own detriment.

Probably a fine mix of "almost both", tbh.

hazsa19

International Regular
On a permanent basis? Please say 'yes'; I need allies!
Earlier this year I was one of your more ardent critics on this matter. I was speaking in terms of the next test, but if Bairstow impresses I have no problem with him keeping the spot.

It has become increasingly difficult to defend Ian Bell

smash84

The Tiger King
Earlier this year I was one of your more ardent critics on this matter. I was speaking in terms of the next test, but if Bairstow impresses I have no problem with him keeping the spot.

It has become increasingly difficult to defend Ian Bell
finally someone sees the light :D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think England have a shot of winning. With the pitch as it is, if they can bat for two sessions, there's a chance of Swann bowling India out in the third.

tooextracool

International Coach
Cook has played an epic innings, one that he should never had to play if most of the England side knew how to bat on slow wickets. If these two and the rest of the remaining England lower order apply themselves, this will be a draw tomorrow as the pitch is only getting slower and flatter. AFAIC, this is almost exactly the same wicket as the one from 2001/02 which ended up it the end a comfortable draw:

HowSTAT! Match Scorecard