• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would also depend on the rate of scoring, since it could potentially be quite high with Broad and co to come, even though they're playing to save the test. Anything requiring even a slight risk in chasing would see Dhoni ***** out of it I reckon.
Dunno, I seem to recall Dhoni & Pathan upping the rate after the teabreak during the first test of our 2005/06 tour when the game looked to be drifting to a draw.

If England were only 150-170 up just after tea (unlikely but possible) India (read: Sehwag) might fancy a dart at the target.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Could spin it on glass, tbf.

Without wanting to go over the same bollock-crushing CW tropes, I find it interesting that Warne's less than stellar Indian record is sometimes used as a stick to beat him with when Murali's is pretty ordinary too.

I'd always assumed his record in India must've been on a par with the rest of his career.
Difference is that Murali's record against India in Sri Lanka was excellent. Warne's record against them in Australia might actually have been worse than his record in India.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has such an aesthetically-pleasing action as well - should of saved the viewer being warped by Ashwin's interpretation of an offie. :ph34r:
India should always play Ramesh Powar for that very reason; beautiful, classic high-armed offspinner. :wub:

Ironic such a tubby little fella should have such a gorgeous action.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
India should always play Ramesh Powar for that very reason; beautiful, classic high-armed offspinner. :wub:

Ironic such a tubby little fella should have such a gorgeous action.
Shame he didn't play more cricket for India in any format. He was just the complete package; beautiful action, overweight, shaggy mullet hair and bowled with sunglasses. I bet the ****ing BCCI realised he wasn't marketable and shafted him for that reason.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno, I seem to recall Dhoni & Pathan upping the rate after the teabreak during the first test of our 2005/06 tour when the game looked to be drifting to a draw.

If England were only 150-170 up just after tea (unlikely but possible) India (read: Sehwag) might fancy a dart at the target.
No doubt they'll have a go, it's just that once a wicket or two fall it's inevitable they'll call off the chase imo.

hazsa19

International Regular
Yeah, fully agree. I'm not a big fan of Patel but Morgan is a no-no in general and moving Compton back down into the middle order for the rest of this tour and then moving him back up when Bell is available again seems needlessly complicated for a player in his first series, so that means no to Root as well. Bresnan at seven would be a more serious option if he was actually adding something with the ball too; as it stands he can't play the second Test, so the team picks itself from there.
I would bring Morgan in for Patel actually, plus Panesar in for Bresnan, and Bairstow in for Bell.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Prior :wub:

this match should be abandoned due to pathetic umpiring.

overall how many wrong decisions have there been now? at least a dozen

rubbish umpires. lookes like UDRS has only worsened the quality of umpiring.
Urghh, the UDRS isn't in place for this test match. The standard of umpiring was excellent in the UAE.

It's not like India haven't had their fair share of fortune with the umpiring. It just so happened that the Cook one has panned out unluckily for them.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Usually have some sympathy for Umps but Patel was wronged twice and bell's looked dubious. Here's a theory - do you think maybe the fact that Yadav is bowling considerably quicker than the other quicks makes it hard to judge?

smash84

The Tiger King
Prior :wub:

Urghh, the UDRS isn't in place for this test match. The standard of umpiring was excellent in the UAE.

It's not like India haven't had their fair share of fortune with the umpiring. It just so happened that the Cook one has panned out unluckily for them.
If the umpiring goes against India a lot in this series then they might be tempted to really be on board for the DRS

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sky comms have suggested that when a certain "senior batsman" retires the BCCI might change its mind.
a lot of non indian fans on here seem to be stalkers of tendulkars every precise movement. So guys tell me, what direction were his farts blowing today??? i'm sure one of you guys would have picked up on this information during today's play.

smash84

The Tiger King
a lot of non indian fans on here seem to be stalkers of tendulkars every precise movement. So guys tell me, what direction were his farts blowing today??? i'm sure one of you guys would have picked up on this information during today's play.
:laugh:

copying someone else's lines :p