• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

For once, I'm actually liking what the BCCI's doing here. The perfect treatment. Would love to see their players and former players whinge some more.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Considering what the Indian players, board and fans seem to think green tops are, I'm expecting 3 dust bowls.

ViruTheBest

Banned
I am a member on other forums but thought it would be a great time to join this one right now with the england series around the corner. So hi to all!

Anything less than 3-0 to us will be disappointing. The way you guys played v Pak and even SL shows how hopeless you are once you're on an unfamiliar pitch.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Prepare green tops for visitors having proven totally incapable of producing one thus far. Can't see it been the Indian Trent Bridge.

ViruTheBest

Banned
Prepare green tops for visitors having proven totally incapable of producing one thus far. Can't see it been the Indian Trent Bridge.
You can import pitches. I remember in the Nagpur test India V Aus, a green top was prepared due to a disagreement between Ganguly and the board. Ganguly pulled out citing injury but it was a green top for sure. Aus bowlers said as much. It was a low scoring game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can import pitches. I remember in the Nagpur test India V Aus, a green top was prepared due to a disagreement between Ganguly and the board. Ganguly pulled out citing injury but it was a green top for sure. Aus bowlers said as much. It was a low scoring game.
It wasn't a green top, it just had some grass on it.

Burgey

Kohli's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed if he thinks the Poms deliberately gave India flat pitches in the warm ups last summer. Having said that, they did play a pathetic side in the tour game and also disallowed Monty from bowling to Tendu in the nets. Michael Vaughan likes trolling on twitter. He's lost the right to say anything against anyone after the murray mints fiasco.
Spot on about the mints. In 50 years time it will rival Bodyline, Underarm and India having once been ranked the top test country as enduring cricket scandals.

ViruTheBest

Banned
Imagine the look on their faces when we produce a proper green top next time they tour here.
We won 1-0 here before and it would have been 2-0 had it not been for Dravid's slight negativity. Honestly, the famed Indian batting line up was the best in the world and they dealt with the bounce and fast bowling in Aus in their prime.

The last two heavy losses in England and Australia are hard to explain but I think we are getting back on track. We were no where playing our best for a variety of reasons. If so, it wouldn't have been easy.

We are rebuilding but I am sure we will once again be the best batting side.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That's not really relevant though is it. Point is, the Indian team, fans and management clearly don't know what a green top is. And you mentioning the 2007 tour of England (I don't think I saw a blade of grass on a pitch that whole season) in response to a comment about green tops just heightens the point.

ViruTheBest

Banned
That's not really relevant though is it. Point is, the Indian team, fans and management clearly don't know what a green top is. And you mentioning the 2007 tour of England (I don't think I saw a blade of grass on a pitch that whole season) in response to a comment about green tops just heightens the point.
You didn't look hard enough. Zaheer bowled well in the 2nd test in 07 with good seamer support and the pitch played a role.

Also I think BCCI are intelligent enough to know how to prepare it. Question is, can they do it in time, there is the option of importing. Point is, it won't be typically flat or a turner so will still be nothing like the actual pitches.

It's good because it gives some of our seamers a chance to impress like Awana/Dinda in particular.

Burgey

@ Viru

So what? Of course it was different but it wasn't a green top. Hobart last year was a green top. Leeds in the 09 Ashes series was a green top.

Nagpur had something in it but it wasn't a green top.

flibbertyjibber

@ Viru

So what? Of course it was different but it wasn't a green top. Hobart last year was a green top. Leeds in the 09 Ashes series was a green top.

Nagpur had something in it but it wasn't a green top.
Leeds v Pakistan for you guys was more of a green top than the ashes pitch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The last two heavy losses in England and Australia are hard to explain but I think we are getting back on track. We were no where playing our best for a variety of reasons. If so, it wouldn't have been easy.
1. We batted like ****.
2. We bowled like ****.
3. We had some players who didn't give a ****.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'm just thinking...how does an international sportsman, an elite sportsman, playing cricket especially where conditions have such an impact on the game, feel vindicated when he's shown up abroad and then manages to make a few runs/pick up wickets in conditions that he's familiar with? People like Gambhir, now displaying such bravado...doesn't it ring hollow even to themselves when they sleep at night? Or are they completely devoid of real introspection? They've spent a good 7-8 years with the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman who exemplified the will to perform and improve in all conditions, but apparently none of that seems to have rubbed off.