• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It is very upsetting to me that India cannot bowl out England twice. I think Dhoni has been poor not to bowl Yuvraj more. I am very close to losing all support of this team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
what like prior?

#burn
Well, there's a pretty good case with Bairstow in the squad, burn or not.

Prior's supposed to be the better keeper tho, but never thought Bluey looked too awful on the coupla times I've seen him with the gauntlets.

Trichromatic

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'll tell you what though, if England can manage to even draw this - let alone win it - it will be a massive **** you to someone like Pujara who said some pretty ****y things about England earlier on in the match.
What did he say? I didn't read the article, but saw the headline mentioning that England look at fragile.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
It is very upsetting to me that India cannot bowl out England twice. I think Dhoni has been poor not to bowl Yuvraj more. I am very close to losing all support of this team.

Steady on. England are 10-5 here. India still heavy favourites to take this. Tomorrow is a new day and the last two recognised English batsmen will have to settle and find their stride once more. One mistake and it's game over.

Ruckus

International Captain
What did he say? I didn't read the article, but saw the headline mentioning that England look at fragile.
That was pretty much it: "The way they were batting it looked like they were a fragile batting line-up for sure."

And tbh for these kind of conditions he has a point. But nonetheless it's an arrogant thing to say about the opposition in the middle of a match.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a fantastic effort by Cook and Prior. Shown we can fight against India in India. Still a long way to go but now we have a slim chance.

indiaholic

International Captain
Just so happy that England are showing such tremendous resilience. This is going to be an awesome series unlike the tedium that was India in England.
I still want the series to be a whitewash, but meek surrenders are just no fun.

indiaholic

International Captain
That was pretty much it: "The way they were batting it looked like they were a fragile batting line-up for sure."

And tbh for these kind of conditions he has a point. But nonetheless it's an arrogant thing to say about the opposition in the middle of a match.
I think he also said that the match will be over by the end of the fourth day or something to that effect. :laugh:

shankar

International Debutant
Awesome effort by England and Cook in particular. But I just can't understand why it's so hard to prepare a pitch in India that breaks up progressively over 5 days.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Best English captains knock since Jo'Burg 95?

The only two I think up there with this are Vaughan's match saving 105 v Sri Lanka in 04 (?) and maybe Strauss knock at Lords against the Aussies in 09.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni no bat pad last over sums him up.

Just has to go. Offers nothing to the test team any more

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fabulous work by these two. I don't think it will change the final result, but enormous credit where due.

I still wouldn't bat Prior at 5 though. I don't see how demoting a couple of batsmen one place in the order will help them score any more runs, and I'm generally against asking players to bat out of position. In a sense, moving Prior from 7 is fixing one of the few parts of the side that isn't broken. Plus he's going to need as much rest time as possible after keeping for hours to the spinners in these conditions.