• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seriously England are barely above 0% for the win.

The rate India have bowled their overs at (and kudos to them for it) means we probably still have over 100 overs left.

Even if by some miracle we haul ourselves to safety I can't see a tyro captain (especially one who seems a small "c" conservative kind of skipper) giving the oppo a vague sniff with any declaration.

centurymaker

International Captain
Well it evens up giving Patel after he middled it then.

Have to accept the rough with the smooth when you don't use the technology which overturns the occasional poor decision.
doesn't matter, the fact is that there's been a dozen or so bad decisions in just the last two days or so.

if you really want to match up the decisions, then lets not forget that Cook was caught plumb in front when he was on 41. I wonder how differently the game would've panned out if....

there's been more bad decisions in this game than correct ones....:@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is always the concern when you force the opposition to follow on. Batsman learn and bowlers fatigue.

Great stuff from England. Really a great shot at getting a draw now

Howe_zat

Audio File
if Prior's career moves the way it is he surely has to rank alongside the Gilchrists of the world shouldn't he?
Prior hasn't been and almost certainly never will be as good as Gilchrist at his best - Prior will have to go a different route and carry on for much, much longer to get an accolade like that

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
doesn't matter, the fact is that there's been a dozen or so bad decisions in just the last two days or so.

if you really want to match up the decisions, then lets not forget that Cook was caught plumb in front when he was on 41. I wonder how differently the game would've panned out if....

there's been more bad decisions in this game than correct ones....:@
and if your auntie had a dick and all that...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Trundle for Kohli? Surprised Dhoni has done it yet.

Sort of pitch where one of his slow/med leg-cutters might just grip and turn. & Prior's never one to shirk the challenge of the part-time pies...

hazsa19

International Regular
Have to say Cook's power of concentration is awesome. He must have been on the field for the vast majority of this match.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
if Prior's career moves the way it is he surely has to rank alongside the Gilchrists of the world shouldn't he?
Never gonna reach Gilchrist's level. Whilst he is very good at accelerating England's totals late on, he doesn't take the game from you quite like Gilchrist did.

However I would happily hand him the gloves in my all time England XI ahead of Stewart, Ames and Knott.

smash84

The Tiger King
Prior hasn't been and almost certainly never will be as good as Gilchrist at his best - Prior will have to go a different route and carry on for much, much longer to get an accolade like that
he has definitely played MANY match saving innings for England.

He hasn't been quite as aggressive as Gilchrist but he has definitely stepped up when needed.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing for tomorrow, will Gambhir be at the ground to bat if needed?

Sad for him and hope he returns but fully understand if he doesn't.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Prior is by far the best all round wicket keeper England have had in my lifetime. Has obviously worked hard on his keeping as he was pretty terrible when he first started but now he's one of the best.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Prior will never be a Gilchrist, but he could just prove himself to be the 2nd best keeper/batsman ever by the end of his career.

& I mean from genuine keepers, not batsman slumming it like Sanga or Walcott.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'll tell you what though, if England can manage to even draw this - let alone win it - it will be a massive **** you to someone like Pujara who said some pretty ****y things about England earlier on in the match.