• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

hazsa19

International Regular
I'd still say Smith over Cook for now. That bugger has done it on so many vital occasions to win close games which Cook hasn't done as yet. Not much between them and add in Sehwag as well and him with either would be a fantastic opening duo of contrasting styles.
And Smit has done it as captain for so long

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Can't imagine things would go down well if Ashwin were to run out Cook at the non strikers end. He's already warned him once and stopped in his run up there.

Ruckus

International Captain
I have even greater doubts about whether you watch cricket if you seriously are suggesting Peterson is the best opener in world cricket.
Yeah, well my doubts about your mental faculties are definitely confirmed then.

Apologies, it was all I could come up with.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would say it's more 60-40 on India-Draw

Infinitesimal chance of an England win tbh. They're still in the red after all.

centurymaker

International Captain
this match should be abandoned due to pathetic umpiring.

overall how many wrong decisions have there been now? at least a dozen

rubbish umpires. lookes like UDRS has only worsened the quality of umpiring.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
this match should be abandoned due to pathetic umpiring.

overall how many wrong decisions have there been now? at least a dozen

rubbish umpires. lookes like UDRS has only worsened the quality of umpiring.
Yes if only there was the chance to have a system in place where poor decisions could be challenged by the party hard done to ? That's one for the ICC to consider.......

centurymaker

International Captain
Wasn't given so stop moaning.
"crucial final hour for England. Prior given not out to tight lbw shout with hawk eye saying it would have hit middle"

doesn't matter, these two umpires deserve to be heavily criticized for this appalling performance.
Constantly giving out players who are not out , and then not giving out players who are out. wtf is this. they should be penalized 50% of their fees. it's not like they are having to judge balls going at 150kmph.